Close

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    There are a few things that can cause this.

1. Power issues: The Pi needs a solid power supply. The 5V regulator on the Arduino will not suffice. If you have an ABL servo, this will make things even worse. If you cut D1 (RAMPS) and power everything from the 5V rail of your supply, you should be okay. Running separate wires from the supply to RAMPS +5, RAMPS VCC and the Pi is best. Using a cell phone style supply for the Pi is probably also fine.

2. Timeouts. If you run an ABL sequence at the beginning of your job, OctoPrint can give up because it isn't getting anything back from the printer during the sequence. If the carriage is high and it takes a long time to get back down to zero, the same can happen. Increase the communication timeout in OctoPrint to fix this. I think mine is set to 150 seconds.

3. Floating endstops. If you have your max endstops enabled with the pullups disabled, the printer will still work most of the time, but they can false trigger with power rail noise. Make sure your max endstops are disabled in the firmware if you aren't using them.
    Thank you sir, I will check the endstops just to be sure. I am using one of those LED power supplies and now I realize I should have just used an ATX power supply. Your statement about being able to power everything on and off made me realize that is an excellent idea.

Guys, your suggestions seem to have sorted out my issues, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by N5QM View Post
    Guys, your suggestions seem to have sorted out my issues, thank you!
    Awesome! Have fun.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    There are a few things that can cause this.
    2. Timeouts. If you run an ABL sequence at the beginning of your job, OctoPrint can give up because it isn't getting anything back from the printer during the sequence. If the carriage is high and it takes a long time to get back down to zero, the same can happen. Increase the communication timeout in OctoPrint to fix this. I think mine is set to 150 seconds.
    My octopi seems to be timing out/shutting off after I power it on and I think this timeout is to blame. Is this something you change in the settings through the normal browser octopi page?

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    My octopi seems to be timing out/shutting off after I power it on and I think this timeout is to blame. Is this something you change in the settings through the normal browser octopi page?

yeah it is in the settings options

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Woo hoo! Thank you guys!

So.... If I were to get an ATX power supply with enough capacity on the standby 5v line, I could power the pi from it and use the PS-ON signal on the RAMPS board to power the rest of the system off, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by N5QM View Post
    So.... If I were to get an ATX power supply with enough capacity on the standby 5v line, I could power the pi from it and use the PS-ON signal on the RAMPS board to power the rest of the system off, is that correct?
    Yes. That's what I'm doing on both of my printers. It's nice because I can leave the Pi on all the time and power up the printer remotely to start a print. Assuming the Pi is stable, you can also shut down the power to the printer remotely if something goes wrong.

Technician
    Has anyone tried a Rasberry Pi 2 yet with Octoprint? Gotta say I'm really interested in setting up a Pi with Octoprint and would prefer to get the 2 if it doesn't have issues other than no flash camera pics while printing. Definitely intrigued and ready to jump in.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Has anyone tried a Rasberry Pi 2 yet with Octoprint? Gotta say I'm really interested in setting up a Pi with Octoprint and would prefer to get the 2 if it doesn't have issues other than no flash camera pics while printing. Definitely intrigued and ready to jump in.
    According to http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/ the pi-2 is completely backwards compatible with the pi-1 . So, in theory, you should be good to go.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast