Close

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Hmm... Mine is powered from a 2A phone charger as well. In thinking it might have been a power issue, I removed the camera, but still had the issue.

Hmm... Odd... If the pi is rebooting that generallg means its drawing too much power... The cheap usb cables usually cant handle a decent current throughput the small wires just wont permit it... If you have a stock cell phone cable that is thicker/stiffer than the others you have try using it and see if it might fix the problem.

Much like heated beds suffer on the 12" printer if you dont have 12awg wire because the smaller wire limits your current... Beyond that i wont be much help im not a pi or linux guru... I know just enough to get myself into trouble and google a way back out...

It isn't rebooting, I just get some error message and the print stops abruptly.

The "terminal" provides an error from the printer saying that the current line isn't the last line +1 so it stops printing and the connection to the printer is closed.

It just happened 3 times in a row... :/

Recv: Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 58
    Recv: Resend: 59
    Changing monitoring state from 'Printing' to 'Error: Printer requested li...'
    Recv: ok

Ooohhhh do you have abl enabled?

No sir, I am running dacb's firmware though, with the no_abl configuration.h file.

As a test, I removed the wireless NIC and am using a cable now. We shall see if it makes any difference. At this point I am guessing. haha

Hmmm... It could be from you homing taking too long i know wierd... Later updates fixed it but if you start a print and watch the command line in octoprint and it starts yalking about forcing next line while it does your print star procedure you need to extrnd one of the timeout settings.

I believe it is the communication timeout... But could be connection timeout... By extending that it forces octoprint to wait for the printer to be ready instead of octoprint trying to rush the printer when it cant.

Engineer
    Yeah, it would be the communication timeout. I increased mine to 300 to accommodate ABL. The printer (for some reason) is ignoring incoming commands from OctoPrint while it does something, but OctoPrint keeps sending commands anyway. Then when the printer starts taking commands again, it's looking for line 25 (or so), while OctoPrint is sending it line 250. That's when it fails. Increasing the communication timeout makes OctoPrint wait longer for an "okay" from the printer before sending the next line.

Excellent, thank you everyone. I will make the changes and see if it settles down.

There are a few things that can cause this.

1. Power issues: The Pi needs a solid power supply. The 5V regulator on the Arduino will not suffice. If you have an ABL servo, this will make things even worse. If you cut D1 (RAMPS) and power everything from the 5V rail of your supply, you should be okay. Running separate wires from the supply to RAMPS +5, RAMPS VCC and the Pi is best. Using a cell phone style supply for the Pi is probably also fine.

2. Timeouts. If you run an ABL sequence at the beginning of your job, OctoPrint can give up because it isn't getting anything back from the printer during the sequence. If the carriage is high and it takes a long time to get back down to zero, the same can happen. Increase the communication timeout in OctoPrint to fix this. I think mine is set to 150 seconds.

3. Floating endstops. If you have your max endstops enabled with the pullups disabled, the printer will still work most of the time, but they can false trigger with power rail noise. Make sure your max endstops are disabled in the firmware if you aren't using them.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast