Close

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
    I did not see where you said which browser you are using. I could not get the upload to work correctly with IE11 on Windows & switched to Firefox & it worked perfectly. Have you tried Firefox on the Mac?
    Chrome is another option... From windows though dunno about a Mac...

Engineer-in-Training
    Using Safari. I will try Chrome.

Engineer-in-Training
    Tried Chrome. It worked better. Still didn't get the real time updates on the viewer. Why does one browser work over another?

Technologist
    I guess all browsers do not play by the same rules. Since you had better luck with Chrome, you might also want to try Firefox to see if that works better. I did not actually try Chrome. I do not like Chrome as the last time I tried it, it put a lot of its files in my profile rather than in its program folder.

Technologist
    Are you using a wireless or wired Network connection? If you are using wireless & can try it wired, see if that is the problem. I have noticed video updates on mine being sluggish sometimes, but have not been able to determine the cause. I thought it was a loose connection somewhere, but now suspect the wireless somehow. I have the printer within 2 feet of my router, so I can use either one. I am going to use it wired to the router for awhile & see if the problem comes back.

Technician
    Got my Pi 2 in yesterday and spent a little time setting up OctoPrint today. Went very smoothly and it was setup and running in about 30 minutes. I setup the recommended 300s for the communication timeout and no issues with ABL. I haven't setup the camera yet, that will be the next step, but I have done all the network stuff like reserved IP for the Pi on the DHCP server, port forwarding and dyndns setup and it all just works beautifully inside the lan and over the internet. I'm really quite surprised it went so well. I was prepared for a battle, but honestly it was just very straightforward and works very well. Thanks for the intrepid users that spent the time figuring this out and posting here this out so I didn't have to! All the previous posts have helped a great deal.

Now I can start customizing the camera setup and adding relays for specific features.

At least you can forward port 80 my ISP doesn't allow it... I have to access via port 5001...

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    At least you can forward port 80 my ISP doesn't allow it... I have to access via port 5001...
    Where is the config file for setting the forwarding port for camera viewing? I can set to a non-standard port and all features work except the camera viewing. I just haven't figured out how to set an alternate port for the camera viewing in the control tab. I can still view the camera by opening a separate browser tab and using the http port (80) when I set a different port for the rest of octoprint, but I would really like to change the port and have the camera view work in the control tab of octoprint.

Code:
    /etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg
    Change the frontend port marked by the *//*
    Code:
    global
            maxconn 4096
            user haproxy
            group haproxy
            daemon
            log 127.0.0.1 local0 debug

defaults
            log     global
            mode    http
            option  httplog
            option  dontlognull
            retries 3
            option redispatch
            option http-server-close
            option forwardfor
            maxconn 2000
            timeout connect 5s
            timeout client  15min
            timeout server  15min

frontend public
    *//*        bind *:80
            use_backend webcam if { path_beg /webcam/ }
            default_backend octoprint

backend octoprint
            reqrep ^([^\ :]*)\ /(.*)     \1\ /\2
            option forwardfor
            server octoprint1 127.0.0.1:5000

backend webcam
            reqrep ^([^\ :]*)\ /webcam/(.*)     \1\ /\2
            server webcam1  127.0.0.1:8080

Technician
    Thanks for the quick reply sniffle. This saves me a lot of searching. I'll set it up tomorrow as soon as my print job finishes.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast