Close

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    ssh into the pi

Code:
    cd .octoprint

sudo nano config.yaml
    don't forget the . in front of octoprint. that means it is a hidden folder. that's why you can't find it...

https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/wiki/Configuration it's on the 3rd line

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    blew it on the hidden folder period. Thanks much for the help.

Technologist
    I have my new Raspberry Pi 2 B all hooked up to my printer except for getting the PiCam to work within Octoprint. I am using the 2015-01-31-octopi-0.11.0.zip image & everything seems to work except for the camera. Does anyone know what I might be missing here? I did enable the camera in the raspi-config. I was able to see an image from the camera, so I know the camera does work. I have not actually printed anything from octoprint, but I did test the x,y,z & temperature settings so far.

I also made a bracket for my Pi to attach to the left inside wood support on the opposite side of the board from the P/S & the P/S holds up & it is a snug fit sliding over the wood. I wasted about a half pound of plastic getting it to the fit I wanted. Here is the link on thingiverse for it: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:705163
    Here is what it looks like attached to my printer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    Try this in your browser - http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/stream_simple.html, inputting the IP address of your Octoprint.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Hi PyramidDave, snazzy OctoPi case! Make sure you post this on the SHOW YOUR MODS sticky thread in case any one misses it here.

If you haven't already, you can join the Makerfarm thingiverse group here and add your case design here as well!
    http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/makerfarm-i3v

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
    Try this in your browser - http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/stream_simple.html, inputting the IP address of your Octoprint.
    Thanks for the reply, but that still does not do it. All I get is an little X image where I guess the image should be. Is this maybe a permissions problem somewhere or is it trying to use a USB camera instead of the Pi Cam? The little red light comes on the camera board after I enabled it.
    Here are my Webcam settings in Octoprint
    Stream URL: /webcam/?action=stream
    Snapshot URL: http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=snapshot
    Path to FFMPEG: /usr/bin/avconv
    Timelapse bitrate: 5000k
    Upload Folder: /home/pi/.octoprint/uploads
    Timelapse Folder: /home/pi/.octoprint/timelapse

I am also not able to print yet. I can move the motors & set the temperature, but when I uploaded a .gcode file that I sliced with Sli3r 0.99, it would not print it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    David

David,

I am also using a v2 as of last Friday and haven't had any issues, but I don't use the integrated camera. A few suggestions..

SSH into the Pi and do a `sudo apt-get update` then `sudo apt-get upgrade` to ensure that all of the software on the system is current.
    SSH into the Pi and do a `sudo rpi-update` to ensure you have the latest firmware, drivers, and kernel modules and reboot after this.

In regards to not being able to print, can you provide more details? Does the printer show as connected? What type of messages, if any, do you receive when you try to print?

Technologist
    Thanks for the suggestions. What fixed my problem was switching to Firefox. I am ok with using Firefox for this, but does anyone know what settings in IE 11 that might be causing this not to function properly? I am using Windows 7 Pro 64bit on a HP desktop machine. I will try it on my Win7 laptop also to see if it has the same problem.

Thanks for your help. Now I need to look into a good location for the camera.

Technologist
    Is there a way to log the statistics from each print with OctoPrint or this data kept somewhere other than the /home/pi/.octoprint/logs directory? I was using a batch file front end for pronterface to keep track of the daily print data. I have been searching octoprint sites, but have not come up with anything. I would like to at least keep track of Filenames & how much time each print took. I found the octoprint.log file, but it does not seem to show any info about the prints. I am not very familiar with Linux or python.

Here is what I am using with pronterface. It keeps a log file for each day I print. The filenames generated are Plog_YYMMDD.log

set /a UHH=%TIME:~0,2%
    set OHH=0%UHH%
    set HH=%OHH:~-2%
    rem pronterface.exe >> "Plog_%date:~-4,4%%date:~-10,2%%date:~-7,2%_%HH%%time:~3,2%.log"
    pronterface.exe >> "Plog_%date:~-2,2%%date:~-10,2%%date:~-7,2%.log"

Engineer-in-Training
    So everything I have read made it seem super simple installing Octoprint and octopi. Not the case so far. I think I was successful in getting the octopi image on the raspberry. I plugged it into my printer and tried going to octopi.local but nothing happens. I am using a Mac. What steps am I missing?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast