Close

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Now all we need is some way to remotely clear the print bed of a finished print so another print could be started. I've had thoughts of a servo-actuated "blade" mounted to the back side of the lower X vslot that could be flipped down after a print to scrape it off the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    Would be very cool to have a plugin which shows where the printer extruder is at all times :P
    This has been discussed several times on the OctoPrint requests page, and from what I understand, it would tax the RasPi too much to do continuous polling of the extruder position. The RasPi doesn't keep track of position, it would have to continuously ask the printer where it is. Doing that while it's sending movement commands to the printer seems to be too much.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Now all we need is some way to remotely clear the print bed of a finished print so another print could be started. I've had thoughts of a servo-actuated "blade" mounted to the back side of the lower X vslot that could be flipped down after a print to scrape it off the glass.
    Haha or just have the nozzle do a maze pattern 1 mm above the glass after the bed is at ambient temp.

Technician
    Hey, what do you have as your Axis mm/min settings? (Settings > Printer Parameters > Axis)

I don't want to over-tax my steppers by issuing commands that will fry them.

Engineer
    X: 3000, Y:3000, Z:200, E:540 I took the values from Marlin and put them in here.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    X: 3000, Y:3000, Z:200, E:540 I took the values from Marlin and put them in here.
    OK, I'll bite. What settings in Marlin are these? DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE? If so, aren't the stock values 15000, 15000, 120, and 1320 (adjusted for mm/min)? Interestingly, your values for Z and E aren't far from what my initial experimenting with motion related settings suggested. You've seen the other thread for sharing improvements to the motion settings, right?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What settings in Marlin are these? DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE?
    Yup
    Code:
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {250, 250, 2, 22}    // (mm/sec)
    You've seen the other thread for sharing improvements to the motion settings, right?
    Yup, I've been waiting to see if that thread will help me figure out what to do with acceleration and jerk settings. I haven't figured those out yet.

edit: huh, I guess I didn't get the numbers from Marlin after all. I don't remember where they came from, then. Maybe stock OctoPrint?

I don't think OctoPi defines those parameters. It does have some motion related but IIRC those are only for the interface jog, not printing.

Engineer
    Nearly panicked last night, thought my OctoPrint had suffered a major bug, and I didn't know what to do to fix it. I could load the page, see the webcam, everything. I could upload any .gcode file I wanted. But I could not load or load/print the file. The buttons were faded. The only solid black button was the Trash button. I don't know how many times I rebooted the RasPi, or how many times I restarted OctoPrint.

Then I hit on the brilliant idea of refreshing the web page. Success!

*headdesk*
    I've said it before... I'm dense.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Haha I know this struggle! "Why can't I click the buttons! Oh I need to login again for some reason..." I like the *headdesk*

Technician
    I have been reading through these posts and have ordered what appears to be necessary to set up the Raspberry Pi with Octopi. However, it is not clear to me if this eliminates the need for the kit lcd display or not? I do understand that a display is required to access the Raspberry Pi.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast