Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by jtice View Post
    mindless entertainment as I sit here at my desk playing with it? lol

Just a neat print, there are alot of them out there, that have odd shaped gears that dont look like they would mesh, but they do.
    Well... The cool thing about it (to me) is the gear ratio changes as it rotates. You would be hard pressed to find a design where you both need that and need the gears to transition back to the original gear ratio, but it is really neat. If you really did find an application for this and designed it in, my bet is that first tooth gets the living crap beat out of it. That would be because the gear it is driving shifts from a very high gear ratio to a very low gear ration over the span of 1 tooth.

And "Yes!", it really is good for mindless entertainment as you are sitting talking to somebody or what ever. It is fun to just spin the gears...

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Great photos and time lapse of your build. Thanks for that. And, it looks like it was a 2 Killians job. My took a six-pack...lol... Seriously, that 10" version looks really nice. Good post 'jtice.'
    Oh no, thats just how many bottles made it into the video I think. There might have been a shot or 10 along the way too.

Loving the printer so far, little odd issues here and there as I go, but you will have that.
    Right now I seem to have odd areas in my print where the nozzle pauses, like it does before printing the next layer.
    Kinda looks like the nozzle might be oozing during that tiny pause, causing the part to have a rough or raised spot there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456