Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Technician
    Increasing the skirt did help with extrusion. But the nozzle is sitting approximately 1.45mm above the bed when printing starts. Ive changed the Z_PROBE_OFFSET but the nozzle stays the same distance.

Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    Increasing the skirt did help with extrusion. But the nozzle is sitting approximately 1.45mm above the bed when printing starts. Ive changed the Z_PROBE_OFFSET but the nozzle stays the same distance.
    If the EEPROM is turned off... The only place it can get a distance from is the Configuration.h file. Please verify both EEPROM #define's are turned off and that firmware is loaded in the board. If this is the case, changing #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER in the Configuration.h file will move the nozzle up and down.

Technician
    Yep.....Its working now!! I really appreciate all the help Roxy.

Technician
    Only now my bed wont reach the set temp

Only now my bed wont reach the set temp
    Are you using PronterFace? Does it heat up at all? Do you have the right thermistors specified in the Configuration.h file?

And you will need to print a few 'first layers' to get the Z-Height correct. Once it is close, you still need to move it a little at a time until it is perfect. And unfortunately, you almost have to learn for yourself what that is by watching it. With that said, once you get it dialed in... Almost always, the first layer of a print will go down perfect.

Technician
    I'm using repetier. It does heat up but stops at 87. I'll check on thermistor settings.

Technician
    I don't see anything wrong in the configuration.h file. But what do i know. Can you take a look at it for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I don't see anything wrong in the configuration.h file. But what do i know. Can you take a look at it for me.
    Elaborate on the error. Is it that you can't set the temp higher than 87 or that the temp won't go above that even if you set it higher? An earlier picture implies you have an i3v. What is the display showing as far as set & actual temp when this is happening? What happens if you try and set the bed temp higher using the LCD panel instead of repetier?

You might be experiencing a similar problem that I did with my heat bed. Try hard wiring the heat bed straight to your power supply and see if it will reach above 87C. If it gets up to temperature then the problem is not the heat bed itself. Hard wiring it like that is just for testing purposes though and you will not have any way of controlling it.

I think your problem could be from switching to a newer version of Marlin to use auto bed leveling. I found out Makerfarm uses a different thermistortables.h file than the newer versions of Marlin. Copying my old thermistortables.h file from my original Markerfarm configured version of Marlin over to the new version of Marlin with bed auto leveling fixed my problem with the bed not heating up right.

Technician
    With original RAMPS firmware I had no problem getting above 90. With Marlin I have the bed set at 100 for ABS but it stops at like 87

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast