Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    Now when I enter G28 the nozzle moves to the back, right corner then returns to the original point, except x y z no longer 0. xyz are all off. When I manually find 0 it is in the back right corner. When I try to print it goes to the point I created but starts printing about 10mm above the bed.
    That is how it should be... Unless you need it to be different, when you home an axis, it will set it to 0.0 at that corner. If you really have a need to put (0,0) some where else like the center of the bed, this can be done. But you have to mess with Configuration.h settings and very possibly make matching changes to your slicer.

So do I start my print after the G29?
    Yes. You should put a G28 and a G29 in the startup code of your Slicer. Along with what ever else you need to get the bed temp and nozzle temp correct.

Technician
    Should EEPROM be on?

Technician
    IT'S WORKING!!!..........Except once it starts printing the nozzle is still like .03mm too high above the bed.

Have you rechecked your nozzle to foot distance?

Technician
    I think its the first layer height. It was set to 3.5. I just set to 1.5 and testing now.

Technician
    Now its like the extrusion isnt fast enough

I think its the first layer height. It was set to 3.5. I just set to 1.5 and testing now.
    This sounds awful high. If you have standard stepper motors, it would make sense to start about 3/4 of your nozzle diameter.

Technician
    Didn't work anyways. Plus it's not extruding any filament for the first 2 layers or so. I'm about to give up.

Didn't work anyways. Plus it's not extruding any filament for the first 2 layers or so. I'm about to give up.
    If you are using Slicer, what I do is this: Goto 'Print Settings' and then on the 'Skirt and Brim' page, I set 'Minimum Extrusion Length' to 10mm. What this does is run a circle around your print for 10mm of filament. For me... And probably for you... That is enough to make sure any drip of filament out of the hot nozzle is replaced with fresh filament. You may be fighting a problem where having the nozzle hot and just sitting there causes the filament to ooooze out so it is not there and ready to go...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast