Close

Super Moderator

Do bed magnets deteriorate.

Started biggish print 250 x 215, Qidi X-CF pro using ASA filament with nozzle temp 255 and bed temp 95, preheated chamber for over 30 minutes.

Print started before lunch on the Friday, left to print overnight and checked on print about 7.00am Saturday.

Print had warped, bowed the PEI sheet up and the whole lot had moved sideways. it seems the magnets are no longer strong enough to hold the PEI down onto the bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Yes

Magnets do get old.
    And
    If Magnets Get Very Hot or Cold

Super Moderator
    I think I'll have to look at a way of securing the edges that doesn't encroach too much on to the build area.

My usual bed temp is 95 degrees, so not really very good for long term use, and getting a new heated bed or any spares for a Qidi printer sent to the UK seem to either incur very expensive shipping costs, or suppliers such as Aliexpress or even the Qidi store will not ship to the UK.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have been getting away with Printing ABS with a Bed temp of 96C and Print temp of 232C by placing the 3D Printer in a enclosure.
    This keeps breezes away causing my models to warp.

Super Moderator
    The Qidi X-CF pro is enclosed and I never open the door until everything has cooled down to ambient temperature.

Magnetic grip seems the same hot or cold.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 04-29-2024 at 04:48 AM.