Close

Extruder not feeding during print, but purge works fine

I have a Ender 3 Pro with Micro swiss all metal hotend, Bltouch and a 4.2.7 motherboard. I encountered a problem I cant seem to figure out, my extruder works fine when I manually tell it to purge, it also lays down the purge line at the left side of the print bed at the start of the print but when it starts to print the actual print the extruder just stops moving. When I reinstalled Cura it worked fine for a couple of prints but then the same problem again(this really confused me). I have tried flashing the firmware with no luck. Any help to solve this would be much appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Check nozzle temp in the slicer in case you have accidentaly changed to a lower setting.

Happened to me recently.

Nope, thats not it.

Super Moderator
    Possibilities......

Filament route to extruder not free enough.
    Filament trapped under other windings on reel.
    Teeth on extruder gunged up with filament particles.

The feeder motor is not trying to move during the print but when I purge it works 100% so there has to be something else

Super Moderator
    This is a guess......

Sounds like the G-code extrude command 'e' is missing in the start G-code.

When you reinstalled Cura did you copy the original start G-Code from whatever slicer came with the printer?

It'll be in the printer settings.

As I said...just a guess

I found the problem. The extruder ribbon cable was broken, how this happened I have no clue. It could be just wear and tear after two years of printing. I soldered it back together and now I am back to printing again

Super Moderator
    Glad you got it sorted.