Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Kickstarter Project Update #13: R&D Insights - Column Comparisons

Project Update #13: R&D Insights - Column Comparisons

Posted by Rinnovated Design ♥ Like
    Hey Backers!

As we mentioned in the tail end of Update #12, we’ve been working on a new video that shares information about our process of doing column prints. We compare these columns against each other to find out more about how the printer behaves when we push the envelope in different directions. For an in-depth look at what’s come to be one of the most valuable things we’ve done in R&D check out the video below:

<font color="#0A1901"><span style="font-family: Helvetica">

Here's some pictures too!

Print #75 next to a pencil crayon for scale
    A view of the set from the image above.
    A macro shot of the walls of print #78 - Clear as glass!
    Print #76 - In this image you can see the rough walls Rylan talked about in the video
    Print #79 - In this shot you can clearly see the large offset, and separation in the face of the column. Both were caused by harsh vibrations.
    Print #80 - Here's a closeup of one of the many holes due to printing with a lack of resin.
    We hope you enjoyed taking a detailed look at just one of the many processes we’ve been using to make this printer shine bright!
    Stay tuned for more coming down the line: circuit developments, new prints, backerkit, and more…
    Thanks,
    The Peachy Printer Team.

Technologist
    Cool! The results do look amazingly clear; nothing like the cheap FDM printers.

As I posted on the comments on Youtube, the Peachy printer just achieved a 4 micron layer height. Even the Form1 at $3300 only prints as low as 25 micron for layer height. And this 4 micron layer height would be a lot lower if the container was larger. A larger container means more drips per rise in Z axis. A 10 gallon fish tank could yield less than 100 nm layer heights, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Spelljammer View Post
    As I posted on the comments on Youtube, the Peachy printer just achieved a 4 micron layer height. Even the Form1 at $3300 only prints as low as 25 micron for layer height. And this 4 micron layer height would be a lot lower if the container was larger. A larger container means more drips per rise in Z axis. A 10 gallon fish tank could yield less than 100 nm layer heights, for example.
    Pretty incredible. I honestly didn't think we would be able to see this type of precision with the Peachy Printer. I would have been more likely to back it if I could have seen this video beforehand.

That's really cool! I love to see how Peachy will turn out in the end.