Close

Initial 5-6 layers are shifting to the left

Hi all,

The initial 5-7 layers in my print are shifting to the left (as shown in the attached picture) but the layers after these print ok. I have tightened the belts, screws and nuts but could not fix the issue.

The gcode file itself is good because a friend of mine can print without this issue from the same file.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or Can anyone suggest some fix i can try ?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    To begin to diagnose there are a few things you can quickly do. You need to figure out where the error is being generated: in the Gcode, in the model, in the printer hardware, etc.

Try these things and report the results back:

1. Make or go get another cube (completely different model), make it slightly larger (or smaller) and rotate it. Slice and print. If the same thing happens, it's not the model
    2. Try a different slicer. Cura, Slic3r, Kissslicer, Simply3d and a few others are easily available and easy to use. If that stops it, then it was your slicer most likely

If all the slicers and all the cubes do the same thing, then there is something going on mechanically in your printer or with Gcode translation or with RAMPS.

So, do these easy tests first to diagnose then move to harder things if those don't solve the problem. Like all good diagnosis, just change one thing at a time, analyze the result and then try the next thing. Because, if you change too many things at once, it's hard to tell which one is to blame.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Thanks RobH2. I will try these out these suggestions.

Ive had that happen on a few prints I just reslice and the problem is solved. I think its a slice glitch as it has happened on different models.