Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Taulman Bridge - great results

Just wanted to tell you guys, after lots of trying to get basic nylon 6 and then taulman 618 nylon to print properly with little joy, I got a reel of Taulan Bridge and played with it at the weekend.

Absolutely great results.

245 degrees, 50 degree bed, and I just stuck some UHU glue stick glue on the top of kapton tape.

Printing out at full 90mm/s/150mm/s

Works a treat. Parts are indestructible.

They are quite bendy at 10/30% infill, but you can try with all yer might and they just spring back again.

If you need something with the strength of nylon, I'd definately recommend giving it a try.

stu

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yep, have printed a few parts with it, good stuff. Color dyes very easily also. Careful with the heat and the teflon tube inside. Anything over 240 and that tube is compromised over time. Even at 240 it can be damaged. They make more of them though, so just will have to replace every once and a while.

I think I read at that 245 temp the tube can emit toxic fumes, however it probably isn't enough to harm unless you have a bunch of printers going at the same time.

I printed my bridge at 240 and it was fine, and used 100% infill. It was a small part so lowering infill wouldn't have been a good idea. I ended up with at 80degree hot bed with some purple elmers glue to prevent warping. Anything lower and the parts lifted at the edges.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what's the warpage like ?
    And is it as stringy as 618 ?

I'm doing okay with 618. But would like something that's a bit less warp prone.

Hi, hope you can help. im using Bridge Nylon, but I cant get the layer stick ok (very bad delamination) , I started with 235 up to 245 degrees , layer at .25 and 60 mm speed, Im using low infill (5 up to 20%) any suggestions? thanks

Super Moderator
    Heated chamber, build plate 80c. 245 should be good on temp. Possibly need to cook the filmanent in an oven for a couple hours to dry it out.

Does the filament snap and pop while extruding? if yes that is moisture burning off when heating and this affects layer adhesion.

I think is moisture, suggestions for cooking? temp? thanks.

Engineer
    I get bridge to stick no problem unlike the 618 BUT it still seems to warp just as bad

Still haven't tried the roll I got for christmas.

Still working my way through different flexible filaments.

Super Moderator
    Like 200 degrees for 2 hours or so. It is better to figure out how much filament you need to print with for the day and cook that instead of repeatedly cooking the whole roll.

200c for 2 hours ?
    Won't the filament simply bond to itself ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast