Close

New FF(PowerSpec) owner checking in!

Hello all,
    I am new to 3d printing and these forums and wanted to introduce myself and thank all the posters here for all the wonderful tips and knowledge I have picked up over the last few weeks. I bought a PowerSpec Pro, which is evidently a FF pro rebadged, about a month ago from micro center along with a lot of their $15 filament, both ABS and PLA. I have done a lot of printing since getting this and have worked through a lot of issues with the things I have learned here, and want to try to find the time to start sharing in the conversations with what I have learned and what troubles I have so others can learn.
    At the store when I bought my printer the suggestion was to start with PLA because it is easier to print, so far I have found the opposite, like Geoff I seem to have the best luck with ABS, but keep working at both. My current big project is the Nutcracker - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:579567 , which seems to help force me to learn a lot, with each different part and different color filament I encounter new challenges to overcome. Example: yesterday printing yellow PLA parts, each different part made me re-adjust bed and or head temps, one part would print just great then the next part would not stick with the same settings. One tip: Whenever it seems like you need more heat the answer is almost always less heat .

Engineer-in-Training
    Try some PET filament and see how you like it.

Welcome!, This is one of the best resources someone can have, I have saved countless hours and dollars in frustration listening to the masters on this forum.