Close

monoprice printer-how to change filament default

I'm a teacher using a Monoprice dual extrusion printer. We are using Makerbot software to run it. It's working pretty well for us. I can't, however, figure out how to change from one filament spool to the other. Monoprice isn't one of the printer types listed in the Makerbot's software menu so perhaps that's the problem. The printer uses both extruders (the raft is printing in one color but the rest of the printing is being done with the other extruder).

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Excuse me if i'm misinformed here, as I am not familiar with that printer or the software, but changing filament is just heating the head and removing it, then inserting the new roll. If the exchange program is based on the model of printer you have, just find one with similar specs for the filament and head (dual extrusion may be hard though), and use one. I would assume then you would choose the printer model you use to print with, for if filament exchange is model based, then surely printing is.

Senior Engineer
    Change it using the menus on the printer, not in the PC software.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Change it using the menus on the printer, not in the PC software.
    I was assuming he had already tried there, and was encountering issues other places . But yeah, I can't imagine there being an issue to make you look at the PC software.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    I was assuming he had already tried there, and was encountering issues other places . But yeah, I can't imagine there being an issue to make you look at the PC software.
    Self confessed teacher, best not to assume anything.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I did work in tech support for years, and was a paramedic for many more. I know that lesson very well, but yet.....

thanks, but...

...I've tried looking through every possible menu (I thought) on both the PC and the printer itself. But I must have missed something. I'll look again.
    Thanks.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Have you RTFM?

It's on page 10 of the manual.