Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Student
    The sky is the limit but I see the most promise lying in the field of medical technology and being able to print customized replacement parts for human beings.

Vehicles including airborne land and sea, engines, electronics and everything. Also living spaces.

Engineer-in-Training
    The same stuff we are today, everything we can.

Student
    Airplanes and space veichles, with advanced molten metal 3D printer unaffected by the porosity of SLS printed parts.

Hopefully replacement organs, the use of 3d printing in the medical field looks promising! I feel that in ten years there will be far more 3d printers in the household. So a site like amazon where you just pay for what you want and print it is what I expect to see in ten years.

The ability to print organics directly onto a receiving surface. For example, one loses a hand in some sort of accident; medical personnel are brought in with a printer, sample the patients tissue and print a new hand right on the wrist using genetically compatible materials.

Student
    I think medical will be huge first. custom splints, braces, (replacement parts is so strange to think about). Dentistry - think invisiline. manufacturing - replacement part models will be sold in place of huge warehouse of car/appliance/electronic part. integrated electronic components.

We will be printing in multi metals at home.
    Big box stores will have a area for 3d printers.

And in 40 years nano tech will start to replace 3d printers but I still conceded that a printer, eather way its past the singularity.
    Last edited by badscr; 10-31-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: better ans

In 10 years 3D printers will be pretty common in all types of professional settings and also some homes. The continued increase in computer processing power will allow their regular use beyond prototyping and specialty manufacture in applications such as data visualization and image representation.
    Regarding home use, I believe that Food 3D Printing could very well become the "killer app" (to borrow from Hod Lipson). The current food trends such as customization, indulgence, and return to "real" food will converge with the mega trends like social media and the app economy to results in new appliances leveraging the technology we currently call "3D Printing" but may be branded differently. Current if early examples of this include the Foodini (http://www.food-fabbing.com/blog/foo...od-3d-printer/) and the ChocaByte (http://www.food-fabbing.com/3dp/choc...te-3d-printer/).

fully assembled functional electronic gadgets

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast