Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think FDM machines are the technology for the masses for years to come. I will use it for small house applications, hobby, presents and maybe earning some money.

I use my printer mostly for artistic purposes; creating models/figurines.
    This also has the benefit that I learn controlling this technique which will probably become more main-stream in the industry in the coming years which is advantageous for my field of work. The choice for models/figures is just a hobby - because I also could learn to understand 3D printing better with making prototypes for my work for example.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    What applications of 3D printing do you use the most, and how are these applications useful for you?

Like many others, I use slicing applications like Slic3r the most. I also use Thingiverse for finding models to print and OpenSCAD for designing whatever I can't find.

I've been making a few bits of jewelry in silver and brass using online websites.
    I've bought a FDM printer to play with it. I use it to print toys and various objects that I choose to make but could have bought instead.

Right now I am using my printer to create RC toy parts, but plan on Architectural Models once Winter comes to UTAH

Hi all,
    I am an Industrial Product Designer (student), so I use my 3D Printer for prototypes for school, at internships and such.
    But of course I also make objects for fun a lot.

Furthermore, people ask me to print objects for them. For example keychains, phoneholders and such.

Kind regards,
    Natascha

I like to create personalized products for people. Examples: Jewelry, light switch plates, night lights with Tglass material. It's not always easy to design, but fun.

If you mean "applications" as "software" I'm using 123D applications (123D design and 123D meshmixer). They are free and are wonderful for experimenting 3d printing technologies.
    If you mean "applications" as "what you do" I'm designing jewelry and small decorative objects like this one:
    625x465_1442685_1730956_1408370630.jpg

Right now I just make toys and trinkets to demonstrate the basics of 3D printing to the public.

As an engineer I use 3D printing on a Stratasys to develop working prototypes. I can whip out a new protective shield for a product in hours and have it painted and mocked up for photographs without the end user ever knowing it wasn't a true production part.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast