Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ultimaker 1 Warping Problems

Hello im new to 3d printing. small objects print fine but slowly getting into the bigger prints and now finding out I have a warping problem I am using blue tape but the blue tape is peeling away from the print board I have read lots and lots but just need someone to help confirm the right steps to do .

Im printing pla 3mm at 220.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    wait, you are printing at 220mm/s?? if thats your speed, wicht it sounds crazy thats too fast, go lower meabe 100 mm/s or 50 that should do the trick, also if you can reduce the speed at wicht your base (first 5 layers) are been print do it, the more stability you have on your base the less headaches you will have later.

Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    wait, you are printing at 220mm/s?? if thats your speed, wicht it sounds crazy thats too fast, go lower meabe 100 mm/s or 50 that should do the trick, also if you can reduce the speed at wicht your base (first 5 layers) are been print do it, the more stability you have on your base the less headaches you will have later.
    Hi, Sorry I ment 220c temp Im still using basic profiles so not really played about with any settings?

Technologist
    ok, lets do the next, tell us all your settings and meabe we can help you out, speed, temp, material, type of infill, your machine, the size of your print, and some photos of the warping aswell, they might be usefull

Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    ok, lets do the next, tell us all your settings and meabe we can help you out, speed, temp, material, type of infill, your machine, the size of your print, and some photos of the warping aswell, they might be usefull
    Hi well im using a ultimaker 1 and using cura's quickprint profiles "normal quality print" . temp is 220c using pla

Im trying to print this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53690

pics below

Thanks for your help.

Given the amount of lift you're getting, it looks like it's happening as the PLA cools. 220c is a very high temperature for PLA. Try printing down as low as 185. Also, if you have a heated bed, turn it on.

Under-extrusion can also cause lift. Does Cura have an extrusion multiplier you can adjust?

Engineer-in-Training
    Step 1- Get rid of the blue tape.
    Step 2- buy an UHU glue stick.
    Step 3- Apply glue stick to the printing bed.
    Step 4- don't turn on the heat on the bed.
    Step 5- Reduce temperature to 195C.
    Step 6- use a fan to cool the print as it's being done.
    Step 7- uncork the bubbly.

Technologist
    ok i councur with 3dkarma, the problem here is the temperature, the pla will cool down and give you that warping becuase of the excesive heat, also as far as i know you dont need the heat bed for pla or any glue, anyway the glue might be a nice option on your case give it a try like captain obvious stated, if not go for the 3dkarma option, but again set your temperature low and your speed as well, 100 mm-s plz some people get crazy and speed it up way too fast. cheers

Thanks for the reply's. I did another print yesterday while glue stick holding down the blue tape. I think a lot better result although was a different print. I will try lower the temp to 195/185. also I do no have a heated bead so its a cold bed. I do think I need to keep the tape as my bed is pretty scratched up from the person who used to own it

You can see this video of the print that I used wit glue stick. you can see its not fast I think maybe only 50mm-s??

Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    one word of advice, get some sanding on that bed, i have seen older windows with a cleaner look than that bed, and yes reduce the temperature plz, most of time you should have problems with ABS and Nylon, NOT from pla and specially no warping should happend, theres an small posibility that the bed is the source of the problem, that the print is not sticking to the bed and because of the excesive heat you end up with that warping, but again you should try what have been stated, hope it helps you out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast