Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looks like a maker bot clone but idk

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251571015536?nav=SEARCH

Looks like a maker bot replicator 2 clone but idk what it's called. I'm curious if its any good. Looking to get one in this price range but I don't wanna buy anything that's junk. Any help is much appreciated.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Midijerk View Post
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/251571015536?nav=SEARCH

Looks like a maker bot replicator 2 clone but idk what it's called. I'm curious if its any good. Looking to get one in this price range but I don't wanna buy anything that's junk. Any help is much appreciated.
    It's 1/3rd of the price of a makerbot and 10x better.

It prints better, it prints ABS, PLA and everything else, has much higher temperature ratings and is an all over good machine. These are the same as buying a flashforge or similar, they are great machines and good value.

I would buy that one, metal case, good gear, they are not 'junk' or a no name, Druckers have been around as long or longer than alot of other clones.

Thank you for your quick response. Ill plan on getting this one. I have looked at other in this price area like the da Vinci 2.0 and I've seen a few others but I like this one because I can get it now. The da Vinci 2.0 on amazon is still pre order plus I don't think it can do all the filaments that this one can. Is they're any other is this price range I should look at or is the best?

That one doesn't say the case is metal. It just says "black version". It looks like a died version of the other one they offer. Unless I'm missing something, the descriptions appear to be the same.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    i have to ask, that price is real?? is way to cheap for a metal case and dual extruder 3d printer, specially if the quality of the prints is a good one, so yeah im kinda lost on this one,

Idc if case is metal or not. I have access to tools to make a metal frame if desired. Just was curious to if anyone knew anything about it. I didn't know the brand and I don't know that much about 3d printers but I'm interested in getting one.

Technologist
    well if thats a metal case, you are having good deal, and according to geoff, it haves a good quality, i have to point out that most of the makerbots clones are wooden case and that can affectt the final print a lot so this one is perfect.

That might be an acrylic case. I looked at the Duplicator and they do the same thing... a wood version and an acrylic "black" version.

Senior Engineer
    Why does wood adversely affect the print quality?

Technologist
    Heat and moisture, all of that can afectt the size of wood, and Will absolutly afecta your final print, imagine the z axis moves up and down everytime you print, or that you aré printing on a suny day and by night starts raining and your Job timé is 21-22 hours, that my friend Will afect you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast