Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Really looking into this. Would like to see how it handles Carbon Fiber.

I use mostly PLA, but I would like to see carbon fiber PLA and NinjaFlex printed.

I use PLA and ABS most but I would definitely want to start printing with brick and wood once I get my new printer. At the moment I don't have a good suggestion for other materials since this printer seems to do it all, at the practical level.

I use Nylon the most at the moment and I 'll try TPE extensively later so it seems you've covered what I need.

I mainly use ABS and PLA for my prints so it sounds like it covers that well.

I guess nailing down an optimized way to print nylon would be great. If using glue works, that's great but it still feels like a hackers solution. Maybe offering a separate product that works will with nylon would be a good solution.

Also, one thing i'd love to see...Buildtak sold preinstalled on a flexible, conductive surface (thin sheet metal for example) I'd love to be able to remove the plate rom the machine and slightly flex the surface to remove the print. Just a suggestion

I have only used PLA, and the Makerbot I use at my local library won't do ABS for air quality reasons. The PLA can be a problem especially with thinner parts that tend to break when trying to remove them.. I'm going to let them know about Build Tac.

I have a package of BuildTak sheets. Didn't use it yet. I print with PLA & ABS from various suppliers (reprap world, faberdashery, colorfab, etc.)

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    What filament materials do you use most and what materials would you want us to test on BuildTak that is not on this list?

I always use ABS over PLA. I've found that it prints better for my Prusa i3v. I didn't see any filament material that wasn't on the list. It seems like BuildTak has a rather large scope of compatibility for their printing surfaces.

I use PLA at most, and would like to use nylon, or wood filament on BuildTak

this seems to cover everything i use (pla, pla, pla, you get the point)

but you should test out pva, and the materials in taulaman3d's new toolbox:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-new-materials

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast