Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I would like to see a conductive filament tested and I mostly use PLA and ABS right now but hope to expand to others soon.

Really the list of filament types is well covered, I mostly use PLA on blue tape though.

Student

Exclamation Test with Metals

I 'stick' to ABS and PLA.

I believe metals will be more common in the future so that should be tested next.

Technologist
    I use ABS most, though it gives me a headache. I think they have most of the filaments I'd use covered, but I don't believe I see PVA on the list.

I use abs and nylon but I would like to see something in an UHMW material.
    Jeffery

i use pla the most....for testing maybe delrin can be tested.

There's a new product called the MagHold Build Platform on Amazon that currently fits Flashforge / Quidi / Makerbot Replicator type printers with 3 adjustment screws. It's made to be simple and is easy to remove prints. Pops right out and doesn't scratch surface. Youtube has a video on how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhD5vvp8HmM . The product is made by www.3dprintermods.com.

Hello all,
    I use it on a bunch of Printr Metals for teaching middle school students about 3D printing. I love BuildTak, protects the extruder and bed, good adhesion, and a little glue stick goes a long way for tough prints. Mostly printing PLA and a little ABS, unheated beds.
    I print a ton on NinjaFlex on heated glass, and it is pretty sticky, no adhesion problems. Haven't tried on a simple, wrong kind of extruder head.

What I am curious about is the new Igus iglidur-170, as it may be hard to get to stick. Just got a small sample to try. This may be a popular filament with FRC robotics teams, they all got a small sample and if it is as tough and slippery as billed, I think it will be popular for a wide variety of custom slides and bearings.

I'l have a better idea after I print, starting with the M2, then Simple and finally a Cubify Eko that teams got last year.

Bob

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789