Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Student
    I love being able to customize all my stuff down to their structure! Which is why I'd like to have a personal 3D printer, there's a (self-imposed) limit on what I can do with a printer that isn't mine.

I would use the printer as a tool for prototyping small intricate parts for my motorcycles or building brackets for smaller objects.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I mostly use my 3D printer to create research prototypes as I am a product designer.
    I also explore a lot with different materials to learn about their possibilities.
    I have also created several customized items for end use, including jewelry.

In my life? The printing of terrain, models and vehicles for 1:285th scale miniatures gaming and the creation of props for RPGs.

Student
    Sparking my kids imagination in tech. Allowing them to see it not just for the tech but how it can be used. (100 glitter ponies will probably come out of it but what follows the realization of the potential it presents is where the true value is)

Prototyping

I am still in the "honeymoon" stage and I just want to play and have fun with random projects (if at all possible related to food and/or bioprinting) and this process itself is very useful and practical at this point.

The most practical application that I have is: To impress my friends when they say: I wish this (product) could do (something.) I say, "sure it can" and design a plastic part that saves the day!

The production of 'widget' replacement parts for our manufacturing machinery.

making architecture models

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast