Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    An easy answer is Color. Many of the colors available are bright and vibrant. This is great for toys and trinkets, but not much else. As prototyping and replacement parts become a bigger portion of what is printed on consumer 3D printers, more natural colors will be needed to more closely match household and marketable colors. Variations of Grey, Brown and tans would be helpful for my personal prototyping needs.

I currently need to spray paint parts to get the correct color. Although this looks good, it takes much longer and covers the "3D printed look" that some people get excited about.

As a second point... carbon fiber/carbon nanotube filament, or anything with high tensile strength and fracture resistance. I trust these materials will develop fine with all the attention they already have

-Brian

I would love to see more colors of the rainbow. In addition, I know there are flexible materials out there, but I would love to see more rubbery/flexible materials. I would love to print a bouncy ball and be able to throw it and bounce.

I think the material we all want is some kind of metal.. Would it be brass, alloy, or any kind of metal that could be printed WITH a conventional 3D printer!

I believe that the color choice is too small. There should be more colors like with paint. You choose the RAL and your filament can print objects with a precise color of your need.

Conductive filament
    Magnetic?
    Support material that is easy to remove with safe chemicals (water soluble.)
    Large volume, fast fill material.
    Electroluminescent material.

Last edited by RobotHacker; 09-04-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Add more ideas.

Customizable coloring of filament; while existing, would be very useful as a standard filament option for any printer. While it would likely require advanced programming knowledge in the initial stages programs that could "dumb it down" for easy printing could be a realistic market.

Student
    Follow Mtomalty On Twitter Add Mtomalty on Facebook
    I would say that we need more variety in colours

I would like to see filaments that are fine with being coiled up and fed into the extruder but when heated up and let to cool down again, they harden up to the point of something like ceramic or clay. Then I could print a classic ocarina!

Food grade materials

Student
    Add eades850 on Google+ Add eades850 on Thingiverse
    I would like to see an ABS/ASA compound which has a high UV stability for use outdoors without fear of nearly immediate deterioration.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast