Close

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Student
    Add rafbe on Facebook

Flexible filament

Cement filament

I find the electric conducting filament really cool, but I think it can be greatly improved. Also, bio-friendly and biodegradable materials should play a bigger roll in the filament selection.

super strength filaments with strong layer bonding.

Perhaps also an hybrid dual epoxy filament for dual extruder printers. Basically a ABS/Nylon other plastic laced with 1 half of an epoxy bond. 1 head would lay down 1 layer and the other the next, with the strength of a plastic along the length of the extrusion
    and the epoxy bonding between the layers

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Q: What new material do you think the filament market isn't providing, or isn't providing well?

A: Conductive filaments. They are slowly coming into the market, but they aren't quite as effective as they could be. Although there is a filament that has caught my attention in this category. The filament on kickstarter called 'F-Electric' looks very promising.

Student
    A non-conductive silicon iron as used in electric motors to hold the wire coils in place and a copper that would actually conduct well to make windings. A printed motor core would need to then be dipped in enamel and baked for insulation to prevent the windings from shorting out.

Actually it would be a core for a wind generator not a motor, and magnets installed on the armature so when spun the coils produce electric form the magnetic flux as the magnets pass by.

To be able to print such a thing would be fantastic, and with a 3 extrusion head and the correct filaments it should be possible one day. A good insulation filament to eliminate the need to dip and bake in enamel would be great also.

Student
    Follow moke1180 On Twitter Add moke1180 on Facebook
    What new material do you think the filament market isn't providing, or isn't providing well?

Conductive material and carbon fiber are not being provided well in the market

I'd like to see more thermochromic filament.

Student
    I would like to see more filaments with metal like capabilities and more transparent glass like materials.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast