Close

Can't print from SD card.

I have saved files to my SD card via Rep G and they appear on the SD card but which show on my PC as ok on the card....but cannot be seen on my flash forge creator pro LCD screen. Therefore I can't print from my SD card on printer. What am I doing wrong?

My printer won't recognize files on my card. The only files i can access are the files on the SD card that came with the printer. Most is in Chinese which I don't understand or read. I have tried another SD and it won't work either. Frustrating. Flash forge makes a great machine but the instruction manual is poor!

You can check whether you imported the files of the right format. You can also post a screenshot of the LCD readings. I can read Chinese.

Thanks for your responce. I have solved my problem! The cause...Pilot Error. Being unfimiliar with this softyware, I wasn't saving in the right format. Switching from Pronterface and Slic3 to RepG and Makerbot has another learning curve.

My problem NOW... Makerware won't retain the Hot Plate setting even though checked and as a result. prints won't stick right as when I start printing the hot plate cools down as if the switch was shut off on it. The extruder heat remains OK. This is baffling also!

I do not have real experience on a Makerbot. But according to your description, I suggest you check if you have enabled some functionality with some name like "Wait until the temperature is reached". If it's not working, you could also open the gcode and read the file header to see if something (M190, probably) was missing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what machine are you using ?

One thing to try to check if it's the machine or the software. Set your preheat temps and try pre-heating from the printer's control panel.

If that works and maintais temps then it's probably something weird you're doing with the software :-)
    makerware can be a sod for changing settings on you.
    Check and double check before you click the make or export button.