Close

What's wrong with my CTC Replicator G?

Hey guys,
    After changing filament, I've been confrontated with the problem there won't come enough out of the nozzle.

A picture in the attachment!

I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    xvzf
    Attached Images Attached Images

To be able to help you, we would need to know what your printer was doing before you changed the filament. It would also help if we knew what type of printer you have, as some problems are peculiar to makes of printer.

The more information you can supply along with your question, he quicker we can figure out a cause and solution.

Old Man Emu

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    could be crap in the filament blocking the head, could be too low a temperature.

Could be a dozen things - without some actual details, impossible to say :-)

Hello,
    thanks for the quick response! My printer is, as I said, a CTC Replicator (here a link to ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/3D-Drucker-2-...item4d10c96aa5)
    I tried every temperature up to 250 degrees, so that should not be the problem. The printer tries to print the raft wich is generated by the makerware software wich worked anytime before.

Thank you!

Did you run out of the previous filament? If not, can you switch back to see if that original filament will feed? If is does, the new filament has a problem. Is it the same brand as the first filament? Perhaps the feed gear is fill of filament dust and is skipping? Or perhaps the nozzle is clogged?

Does that MakerBot Clone use the delrin plug extruder like the original Replicator or does it use the improved spring loaded kind? If is is a dual extruder, does the other extruder work?

I just got a roll of 3mm Black PLA filament from eBay. It won't feed reliably. Some parts of the roll are fine. But other parts are more like 3.2 mm in diameter and is barely feeds. It might make sense to take your caliper and see how thick the filament is in different places. And since you are at a part where it is not feeding correctly, measuring what is going on at the end makes sense!

@Roxy: That was the problem... Changed the filament, cleaned the extruder and everything's working fine now

Thank a lot guys!