Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Student
    Follow Cadeamon On Twitter
    RC drones or other hobby crafts

All bicycle parts (frame, wheels, steering, brakes, etc) from carbon fiber would be nice

I would like to make really strong parts that would last.

Student
    I would use the carbon fiber for quadcoptors and plane parts.

Student
    Artistic projects. The metal filaments could have some very interesting surface appearances depending on how it performs. I'd love to see a copper, brass or bronze filled filament.

http://www.proto-pasta.com/shop/magnetic-iron-pla has potential to be used for magnetic sensing and speakers.

The Magnetic iron could easily be printed into assemble-able Maglev tracks - they could be used to create levitation tracks like maglev trains, but smaller, say, for camera-paths or the movement of materials with low energy costs. For example, a magnetic spiral tracks could be assembled in pieces that wrap around someone in a spiral formation, which could allow a floating camera to spiral around you taking a perfect 3D scan, or 3D photography capture-collection.

Would like to try the high temp PLA. PLA prints so much easier than ABS, but leave it in your car . . .

Student
    I am looking forward to printing levitating doodads from magnetic PLA.

Technologist
    Many practical things that can be printed using PC-ABS. I suppose I'd use it where heat might be an issue with other filaments. Like for in car brackets or phone / gps / ipad mounts.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast