Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Absolutely a school teacher, My mom teaches and she works hard to bring as much as she can to her students. I have provided her with multiple prints to bring some creativity and intrigue to her students as well as provide useful teaching opportunities. The right teachers will shape our future.

I would give it to a teacher. they would use it to educate students about manufacturing and design, and also provide models for class demonstrations to the entire school.

Student
    Follow Pmbtruckin On Twitter Add Pmbtruckin on Facebook
    I would give it to a school in a poor community for their after school program so the children that has the unfortunate to live in that way could have something to do that is fun and educational to keep them from turning to drugs and violence outs like most do today.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Yeah I would have to agree. I would give it to my elementary school. Creative Problem Solving 101.

Schools. Kids will change the world with the right tools

to a place in my town called valby kulturhus, which enables citizens to use tools for creative purposes

One of two people,

1st, a highschool science teacher. Having one in the classroom will be a huge hit. Even if its not used regularly in lessons, having it running will inspire kids to think about 3D printing more. The more kids thinking about 3D printing, the more innovation will come in the future.

2nd, a passionate individual in a developing country. As long as then have the supplies available and new how to use the tools, having a 3d printer would be great for any developing area. New and simple creations could drastically help the community. Plus they could print out replacements for hard to find parts instead of waiting days/weeks for a replacement or trashing it as broken.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I would save it for a very smart kid, and see if I can excite him to do similar things as what I am doing (and more).

Student
    Since I am new to the field I have little actual experience with the printers and so it depends on the type of printer you are talking about. If it were a basic printer then I would give it to my son who has a great deal of artistic ability and see what he could do with it. If it were a more advance model then I would have difficulty giving it to anyone other than myself since I want to upgrade and improve my own skills.

I would give it to my friend down the street that is always tinkering with things.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast