Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    To a school / teacher who will put it to good use!

Someone who doesn't know anything about them, and for a reason I learned when I was doing photography, and that is that when you first jump in, you don't know what you're not supposed to do and what doesn't work. You can end up learning and discovering brand new things.

Technician
    I would give it to Bill Gates, then I would ask him if Microsoft is interest to join this industry and I would help to print a blue screen with my filaments.

No offense I love Bill Gates for his OS N xbox system!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well a standard printer is useless without computers and reliable electric power.

But there is a guy who built a totally solar powered machine that uses a fresnel lens to sinter ordinary sand. Doesn't need filament or a plug socket. just sunlight and sand.

I'd give one of those to a refugee camp somewhere, with a bunch of preloaded files - so they could at least make basic pots, plates and useful glass implements.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-12-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse
    I would give it to my new CAD class. This is a new class at a very small school that does not have very much money. I know my students would design and create some very nice things. I also was a supporter of this project on Indiegogo and I am excited to receive my new printer at the beginning of next year (and I might just donate it to my school..shhh it's a surprise).

Oooooh, great question. I would give one to William Kamkwamba ( http://www.ted.com/talks/william_kam...ll?language=en ). The reason is that he is a very creative young guy that wants to help his people improve their quality of life. He built a windmill at 14 years old out of...well, scrap. He would probably house the thing in his town, teach kids how to use it, and they would end up building all sorts of useful things with it, probab They would probably even start tearing apart old "trash" and up cycling it into who knows what. I want one, this guy though would find ways to fill actual needs and help improve lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by New Matter.
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

If you could give a 3D printer to anyone in the world, who would you give it to and why?
    To my brother, we both love 3D printing

Schools! Obvious answer, because every technology focuses on schools if they can.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    If you could give a 3D printer to anyone in the world, who would you give it to and why?

I would give a 3D printer to my younger brother, as he's always very interested in mine and is always asking me to print him stuff. I feel that he'd really enjoy having one for himself.

yes, yes, this is same answer as every other person, but at least you'll get conclusive survey results.

If 1 low cost 3d printer was donated to every school in a 3rd world country, we would see major innovations that might even bring these countries to first world status.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast