Close

PicShades, 3D Printed Lampshades to Launch on Kickstarter

We have seen so many awesome uses of 3D printing to customize products. One Finish company is taking customization to an entirely new level with 3D printed lampshades. The shades, which are called Picshades have custom images printed into the inside of the shade so that when light shines through so does an image of the customer's choice. Picshades will be launching a Kickstarter crowdfunding project starting August 1st to raise the funds needed for this venture. More details can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10393/picshade-3d-printed-lampshades

Check out one example of a 3D printed lampshade.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    We have seen so many awesome uses of 3D printing to customize products. One Finish company is taking customization to an entirely new level with 3D printed lampshades. The shades, which are called Picshades have custom images printed into the inside of the shade so that when light shines through so does an image of the customer's choice. Picshades will be launching a Kickstarter crowdfunding project starting August 1st to raise the funds needed for this venture. More details can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10393/picshade-3d-printed-lampshades

Check out one example of a 3D printed lampshade.
    Hmm wouldnt want to use a stock lightbulb... might get a little warm.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hmm wouldnt want to use a stock lightbulb... might get a little warm.
    If you mean incandescent bulbs, there has been such a push to ban them here it's not even funny. By the time anyone has one of these lamp shades, the heat of an old style bulb won't likely be a concern.

I've put LED bulbs around most of my house because the old kind has just been getting hard to find these days.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    If you mean incandescent bulbs, there has been such a push to ban them here it's not even funny. By the time anyone has one of these lamp shades, the heat of an old style bulb won't likely be a concern.

I've put LED bulbs around most of my house because the old kind has just been getting hard to find these days.
    Thinking about it now, I have several paper lamp shades that never spontaneously exploded in to flames so I guess these would be cool