Close

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I have been highly impressed with the use of 3D printing in the medical field. Shortly after I purchased my printer, the viral link about the Dog with 2 3D printed legs were circulating all over my facebook page.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    I would like to see a printer that self levels, and is easier for the home consumer to use, and comes with a robust software package. Right now, I think the technology is difficult for the average consumer to just pick up and run with. I think before this can become accepted into the mainstream as more than a device that just prints $100 frogs, cubes, or toys, it needs to actually fill a niche in the home.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalrath View Post
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Circuitry printing is a dream. But I want to do multi-layer boards. Printer would print each board layer and then also print out each trace on each layer. Would also be able to ground planes an so forth. I have even though about an extruder and laser cutter mounted together. Just pie in the sky.

-jeff
    +1 on this. If we could print inlaid electrical traces with conductive filament, I would have use for this type of device.

Student
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

The most interesting thing for me has been to take models from video games and get them to come out of my printers. Typically these models were never designed to be printed, but with a little ingenuity everything works out alright.

I would build a desktop color jet printer similar to the Z650. However, this probably wouldn't work out in my favor, as they are not in any way office friendly!

The most interesting thing I saw was a senior project where I went to school where they printed the majority of the components of an autonomous robot car that would lead people around the halls and identify classrooms. Wheels, tires, chassis, servo control arms, holders for the batteries, and a box for the electronics. There were also a multitude of small components. It was my introduction to the possibilities of 3d printing.

I would want to print internal engine components (ICE's) as well as the engine block and head. I like the possibility of making turbine engine components as well. The ability to print in a new medium of exotic metals. This would allow components to be shaped in ways that currently are beyond machining and casting techniques. It would need to be extremely precise (0.0001")

Direct metal printing is the best innovation so far.

My dream printer would be a printer that could print in multiple materials, accurately, efficiently, with no negative environmental impacts and would be available to the masses.

Student

Exclamation Ultimate 3D Printing Giveaway! - Reply

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

As an engineering student, what I loved about 3D printing technology was that it allowed me to make a few medical devices. However, what is extraordinary is the current research to make 3D printed organs.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

My dream 3D printer would be able to print any type of material including metals, thermoplastics, food, and ceramics. This would make DIY projects so much easier!

JuiceD01T

3D printer into space to built working tools.

print electronics and food so I can print a Mc-Donalds restaurant with burgers to heat

Artwork that would be hopelessly impossible to sculp.

I would love to be able to print photovoltaics, I could single handed save the world from global warming.

Jeffery

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

I saw an architect use it to make a model of their design. It was really cool! They drew up all the detailed plans and then made a small model of the finished product.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

It would be the size of a garage (actually, would fit withing the confines of the garage) and be able to make large scale items, but more importantly it would have a built-in scan function. So, I could walk into the garage, scan a detailed scan of myself and then walk out and get a scale model of myself built (either action figure size all the way up to life size).

I retweeted under the name @JCHARRIES

I would say the expanding field of 3D printed medical implants from hearing aids to dental and expanding as far as new matrixes for rebuilding bone.

My dream printer would have the following items:
    A minimum of a 12" X 12" X 12" build volume
    An insulated heated build chamber that included a refillable carbon filter to remove odors from ABS, Nylon etc..
    A removable heated build plate secured by switched electro-magnets
    I would also include some of the safety features as the Z18 like filament feed and loss monitoring
    A video monitoring system like the Z18, only better
    Enclosed filament storage for materials in use

I'm sure I'll think up some others.
    Last edited by Superdave; 12-28-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast