Close

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I saw a manual transmission model once that was printed out. Great teaching aid for the kids. I want to design and print one myself.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Circuitry printing is a dream. But I want to do multi-layer boards. Printer would print each board layer and then also print out each trace on each layer. Would also be able to ground planes an so forth. I have even though about an extruder and laser cutter mounted together. Just pie in the sky.

-jeff

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

There is so many to choose from but I will says the MarkForged 3d printer was the most interesting 3D printer I've discovered this year.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Thx I will run wild. If I could build my dream printer it will include Full color and multiple material (single thread carbon and kevlar + flexible, special filament like polycarbonate, Nylon and the usual PLA and ABS) It will also have an enclose temperature controlled build chamber and air filtration systems. The build plate will automaticly being able to remove complete print and start new one.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology? The thing I saw recently that was the most interesting is the prosthetic legs for a dog that was born with out full front legs. The video of him running the first time was so touching. I'm excitied about the amazing developments that 3D printing will bring to the medical industry.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild! My dream 3d printer would be a home one that could do various materials, ie not only plastics, but metals also. I think this could change our society from it's current throw away mentality. Let people fix things or build small gadgets that they imagine.

Engineer
    Most interesting : Prosthetic hands and arms, its amazing what the DIY community has been able to accomplish.. bring the cost down and being able to cost effectively make a custom arm is amazing. I love this technology

Dream 3d printer: Be able to print out a print out circuits and wires.. so its ready to go.. once printed.. just plug in a powersource, also be able to recycle used printed items. to reduce waste

Most interesting thing: taking ultrasound scans and printing human hearts. This can obviate the need for deformed organs to be removed after death, which distresses relatives. It's something that practically could be done in no other way than by 3D printing, so it's interesting from a number of perspectives.

My dream 3D printer: the one I'm waiting for can make objects from multiple materials, should be able to construct very tall objects by climbing on the outside of the object it is making while it is making it. It's not a thing in a box, but more like a robot that carries a 3D print mechanism around and could, say, make a tap by balancing on the edge of the bath and printing the tap on to the end of the pipe. It should also be able to carve, i.e. subtractive forming, perhaps to prepare an area before 3D printing an object there. It should have a creative mode so it could, say, survey a garden before itself deciding how to build a rockery and then building it out of 3D printed cement, with a waterproof material for water-saving areas. Finally, it should be able to print with wet sand so that it can be entered for sandcastle competitions.
    Last edited by mstclair87; 12-23-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Project-Poppy really blew my mind! It's an open-source robotics collective that develops 3D printable artificial intelligence and smart-robots/humanoids. This inter-disciplinary collective of scientists/artist/engineers/programmers/and more. truly creates advanced robotics magic for everyone that will usher in the next era of intelligent assistance for all - the magic of the future is today
    https://www.poppy-project.org/creatures/poppy-humanoid/

https://www.poppy-project.org/

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

My dream 3D printer would be constructed along a multi-axis conveyor belt, so material would simultaneously be printed vertically and also being fed through horizontally upon a conveyor belt, along a predetermined direction - this would enable the production of much larger solid 3D Prints, especially oblong prints.

I'd also love for this 3D to have the capacity to just be fed plastic bottles, and could transform them directly into prints, such as interlocking components, maybe like extremely secure building blocks from which floating islands could be constructed, or plastic furniture, or personal flying aeronautical devices, or anything else really. Just a fully automated - recycle-reshaping machine - now THAT would be the future!

Technician
    1) Most interesting and amazing thing I have seen done is the printing of models of internal organs for medical school students
    2) My dream machine would have first of all EXTRUDERS THAT DONT CLOG. Easy change nozzles to accept a greater variety of filament types and sizes.

My entry
    the prosthetic leg in an earlier article was the most interesting thing I've seen, and secondly I would like to my artwork in 3d

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I have seen a complete planteary gear system printed and then backfilled with bronze.
    If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild
    I want one printer to print food.
    I want a printer to print structrual sections of a house, I would print one each day and build a house!
    I would print the perfect, no maintenance, front lawn.

I

A bit lame I suppose, but it was amazing the first time I printed something I drew. Just a little replacement knob, but it really made the idea come alive that if I could draw it, I could make it.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do?
    Oh, the list is endless. The big limitation I have with my current printer is that the resolution is not high enough for surface detail and the limitations of the overhangs it can print is quite restrictive.

Better resolution (to support my model train habit), and better support (maybe disolvable?) to make it easier to draw soething that will print successfully. While I am wishing, self leveling would really reduce the setup time.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast