Close

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

i think the most interesting thing i'll ever seen done with a 3d printer is a human arm as a prosthesis
    i'm really wondered on how a 3d printer may change some life, i've seen arms done with 3d printer, arduino,raspberry and with mind control, i'm pretty interested doing it! and i'll if i'll win!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    It would have multiple extruders, printing with different color and nozzle size! also i little bit faster

Student
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Conductive filament has the potential to dramatically change the way we build and design electronics, and projects such as F-Electric have potential to do just that.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Fast printing with multiple materials, but also some better software and a larger community to contribute ideas and designs.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I have seen scanned miniature models of live people printed in full color. This would be very cool to receive as a 3D printing fan, and the scanning is also used in the sense of a medical scan such as an MRI, which can then be printed out in 3D, just as amazing.
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    My dream 3D printer would have a 10 micron resolution, and would be able to print in many different colors/materials by using cartridges instead of filament spools. It would have a build volume of 25" x 25" x 25", and would have a bendable heated bed that detached so the parts could be popped off. It would have an enclosure, and its maximum print speed would be 1000mm/sec, the printer being reinforced with carbon fiber to handle this. Finally, it would have a live wireless camera on it so I could check the print progress.

The most interesting thing I have seen, which I would use my 3D printer for is, creating animatronic arms and hands. I plan on using muscle trigger sensors to move a 3D printed hand in a somewhat controlled manner.

If I could build my own 3D printer I would have it use a laser with a line diffraction grating, which would scan the printing bed, in order to map the contours and distance from hot end to bed. It would then use that information to auto calibrate offsets for printing.

Retweeted all links
    Working on vendor questions now...

Definitely surgeons at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital making a 3D print of a child's heart that had holes in it and was structured abnormally so they could study it and develop a detailed surgery strategy - they credited it with helping to save the child's life.

It would have caterpillar tracks and go across the surface of the moon feeding itself lunar rocks while mixing it with glue to make a type of lunar cement to make structures to be used for a moonbase!

Well, I have Personally seen a lot of cool gadgets and stuff printed and I have also printed some pretty awesome stuff myself. But, I find a robotic hand to beat them all. The possibility to 3D print something that can help people and change the world I find really cool. I have also modeled and tried to make a finger prosthetic myself, but it is still halfway complete.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild.
    My dream 3D printer would be able to 3D print probably Everything (not living things maybe - that would be creepy). In my most wild dreams I would wake up in the morning, print myself a piece of cake, print myself a new pair of shoes and maybe design and print my own T-shirt for the day (has a cool message like "I love the world" on it). In the evening I would put the shoes and my T-shirt into a recycling machine (if I wan't to) and then just print a new pair of shoes or a T-shirt whenever I want and how I want it.
    Also the printer must be able to print in Full - color, metal, plastic, food, fabric, wood, biomaterial etc. Also fully 3D printed electronics would be really awesome!

I would have to say the video's of the printer they have in China that can print a apartment. I think this is going to result in affordable housing in the future and they have already talking about being able to customize them to the buys needs. It kind of gives me a little hope.

Well you said run wild so here we go. My dream for the future would be a 3D printer in a shuttle that deploys once it lands on a planet. The 3d printer then prints a robot who will search for materiel that can be used in the printer to make more robots. Once there are enough bots it starts to make structures or frames for structures. All the while we are traveling through space on are way to new planet that will have a pre built place for us to live. A man can dream right?

Thanks for the opportunity to win my 1st printer

The coolest thing I have done with 3D printing technology is have a bracelet designed. The bracelet has the word strudel on it because I love that word.

If I could build my own 3D printer I would include a magnified view of the process so that I can watch in amazement as my 3D printer prints a cell to cell replica of myself. I would use this to make more mes so that I can do less work. Though my mes will, with no doubt, do the same and we'll have too many mes. Hmm. Ah yes; that's that game of life when you own the 3D printer of your dreams!

Engineer-in-Training
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

I am a huge rocketry nerd and seeing 3D printed parts for rocket motors is really amazing.

Big build space! A cubic foot or more!
    Simple frame, nothing that isn't needed is not there.
    Active cooling! A fan and duct to help with curves and bridges.

I am very much impressed by 3D Printer/Printing is its application in healthcare industry. I could witness 3D printing of partial Skull Part.

My 3D Printer will build very ecofriendly products with less or no Carbon Footprint. It will serve to those people to fulfill their basic needs at very low or no cost.

Best wishes to all participants.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast