Close

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Student
    Follow techvudu On Twitter Add techvudu on Google+
    First, thanks for the giveaway. I found out about it on G+ and it's downright redonculous.

1. The most interesting thing I've seen done with a 3D printer is when Elon Musk showed off his titanium printer printing jet engine parts. That right there is definitely the coolest thing I've seen done.

2. What would be the endgame for me is to 3D print body parts. Mainly for those with injuries such as vets, or those born with genetic defects or simply just things that need replaced. That would be the ultimate gift to world using 3d printing in my opinion. Hats off to those printing prosthetic parts now for those that need them.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Facial implants in titanium at Bloemfontein University, South Africa. Also, a full human skull printed in titanium

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild
    It will be a DIY printer that could print in a hard metal.

My contest entry

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Even though I don't really know if the technology is there, I saw a Grey's Anatomy television show that was dedicating several episodes to 3D printing. And, in these episodes, they were actually printing prosthetics for internal organs! Like I stated, I have no idea if this can actually be done in real life, or if this was just for entertainment purposes, but I did see it!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

If I could build my own dream 3D printer, I would want it to be able to print in any meltable material - glass, plastic, metals (gold, silver, platinum) and be able to intertwine these as it was printing. I think it would be amazing to print a gold necklace, or a chandelier, maybe mirrors that were actually solid balls of glass.

Ultimate 3D Printing Giveaway Entry

So many people are doing amazing things with 3D printers it's hard to pick one. From medical, automotive, aerospace it is hard to find a industry that hasn't been touched by the innovative use of 3D printing. So far, first-hand, the most interesting thing I have seen done was when Local Motors printed live at the IMTS show in Chicago this year. It was amazing to see them showcase their methods and actually drive a 3D printed car from the event!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Having come from industry where more traditional subtractive fabrication methods are used (CNC Routing, Water-jet, Steel rule Die-cutting, etc.) I would like to see a machine that successfully uses both additive and subtractive methods in a desktop scale. It could have 5-axis robotic arm with modular tools for printing, routing, laser engraving, inspection, etc.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    3d printing of living organs! It is really amazing! Most importantly, this can give new lives to people!

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Well, I have a sweet tooth, and Jalebi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalebi) is my favorite Indian sweet. So, having filaments of wheat flour batter to make deep fried Jalebis would be great for me!

Follow joealarson On Twitter Add joealarson on Facebook Add joealarson on Google+ Add joealarson on Shapeways Add joealarson on Thingiverse
    I miss read the question. I thought it was asking what the most interesting thing I've done, which apparently is one of the first things i did, a chess set that Voltrons into a robot: http://cymonsdesigns.blogspot.com/20...chess-set.html. I've been trying to live up to that since.

But the most interesting thing I've seen is the E-Nable project.

My prefect 3d printer would have the slicing software on the bot so I can send it the stl (over wireless?) and it just makes the thing, like printing a paper document. Like octoprint. It will also have servos instead of steppers so it can tell if the print head was moved and temp sensor to turn things off for safely. Of course the gadgets like a webcam and scanner would be nice but I'm less inclined to buy a crappy printer with gadgets than a solid printer. So get it right then gadget it up.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    My intial entry:
    an actual speaker made completely by 3d printers: Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDWgwoW5-4

At this point, I'm very new to the entire community. My total imagination has not been unlocked yet, but... My dream printer would be able to print in both ABS and metal, and have at least 4 different extruders/hot ends in order to print in several colors. Truthfully, my goal would be the ability to 3d print a working set of earbuds, with all working components no after assembly required, the finished product completed.

Just shared on FB and twitter! Definitely looking forward to maxing out my brain.
    Last edited by mikethebomber; 11-16-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: clarification

I want to revise mine, and want to say I want an fdm the motors of which are powered by gasoline and uses the carbon from the exhaust to make graphene or graphene oxide.

Student

3d printed prosthetics are the most interesting and life changing creations to come from this technology in my opinion.

My ideal 3d printer would blend filaments to achieve multicolor/variable material prints. Since I'm new to 3d printing my imiganition is still working within the constraints of the unenlightened world. The printer would also play a symphony of super Mario while printing, as opposed to random chirps and whirs.

Here is my entry for the contest.
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology? Personally, I have seen some amazing commercial level 3d prints turned out by a vendor near where I live, it really shows the potential of this process much more that what is available at the consumer level. In terms of what I have read about and seen videos of, I am intrigued with the areas where people seem to be pushing the boundaries, like the people printing houses out of concrete, or body parts out of cells. Most recently I was reading in Hot Rod magazine about JPL and NASA working with printing metal compounds that allow the material to have multiple properties. I think we are just at the beginnings of this technology, it will be interesting to see where we are in 5 years.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild! I don't have any single specific thing I would want. But I do think it would be cool to figure out a way to include a scanner that could make the printer function more like a copying machine - you scan your part then hit print, no steps in between. Or if you had a broken part that you wanted to replace, you scan your broken pieces, have a way to digitally repair them, and then hit print for your new part.

Jeff

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast