Close

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Student
    Follow Cadeamon On Twitter
    -What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The Research and development of new prosthetic limbs and ability for anyone to now prototype their own designs.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    I would love to have the ability to print actual fully functional products ala Star Trek. Not that wild I know but seriously how can you improve on actual replication of anything you can program.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    a.) Hands down, the coolest thing is NASA emailing a wrench to a space station's 3D printer.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    a.) Self replication. A 3D printer is quite a substantial investment for the average young adult with idea - it's good to have redundancy.
    b.) Two chambers - one for food, the other for plastic. Honestly, just to save money because a combo printer might be cheaper than buying two different ones individually.

I printed a coat hanger.

A stereo lithographic printer with multiple colors.

Student
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The printing of human organs.

It would include the ability to print large scale structures out of a ceramic/concrete. Something similar to what Contour Crafting is researching. I would print houses and larger scale sculptures.

1. What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

The most interesting thing I've ever seen done with a 3D printer was a planetary gearbox. All gears were printed as one fully assembled 3D model. Transmission was working immediately after end of printing.

2. If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

3D printer of my dream isn't huge device, but is very precision device. It is able to print with high resolution, using a lot of materials in the same model. Then i can print every mechanism and constructions I've ever come up with.

3D prints with moving parts always amaze me. Robot parts being built with 3d printers is the dawn of a new age!
    I would build a 3d printer that had the abilty to print full color. 3d scaners could also be added.

Yes, I need a giveaway. You offer a giveaway. But the add is too much. I fee like boombarded. please don't...

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    - Definitely printing out electronics. With the advances being made in 3D printing technology, 3D printers will be able to print out new parts for themselves when they become obsolete, print out specialty parts (printing metal, cells and more) and even be able to print out other printers (although they would be considerably smaller).
    If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    - I would create a 3D printer that can somehow keep plastic particles suspended in the air until they harden. That way, almost any model could be built, no matter of big overhangs or other impossibilities of 3D printing. Moving parts would be easy to create, and our horizon for 3d printing would widen extremely.

Thank you for looking at my response.

My entry:
    The most interesting thing I've seen with 3d printing was when my robotics team printed a scoop that could hold rings.

My dream printer would have a modular design (meaning that you could expand the build area by buying a simple part that could be placed in easily the bed would be the same.) It would print in support, rigid, and flexible materials all at once and have two colors of the rigid and flexible material it whould also be capable of metal printing. It would print most things within a few hours and be able to recycle its old prints and the materials would be cheap. The design whould be open-source.

Student
    A prototype implantable medical device used clincially in an animal study that kept the animal alive for some time.

A printer that could use organic bio fluid to print replicated food items just like in Star Trek.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast