Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Here's my Slic3r v1.1.6 ini file used for that print. This is provided for your diagnostic purposes, not as a decree for the best possible settings. I'm changing parameters daily. You'll have to rename the file as .ini, and remember this is set up for 1.75mm filament.

BTW - you could also bring the hot end up to temp, disable stepper motors, and manually rotate the large gear to get a feel for the extrusion. The stepper motor will still have a cogging effect, but the feel should at least be consistent as you rotate the large gear.

Also, I think I was seeing similar results from the steps/mm calibration where the first correction would lead to too much filament being fed. What seemed to have helped me get more consistent results is to always ignore the first long extrusion after I've warmed up the hot end. So, I run an extrusion and ignore it. Then I mark the filament and run another extrusion for the measurement. It could be this helps normalize the temperature throughout the hot end or helps "wash out" any filament that might have cooked a bit in the nozzle as it cooled after the last time I used the printer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by printbus; 07-24-2014 at 09:57 AM.