Hello everyone. I've just finished assembling my i3V, and while I had a lot fun building it, I'm yet to achieve reliable printing results. And since this is my first 3D-printing experience, I've would like to ask a few (maybe) stupid questions.

- I've started with PLA, and I'm using configs for Slic3r provided my Makerfarm, and they set temperature for PLA 225 for hot end and 70 for bed. Isn't this a bit higher than most PLA guides recommend?

- My first layer almost always looses a few first lines, because extruder can't seem to start extruding in time. Is there anything I can do to make this better?
IMG_7997.jpg

- Also, first layer always has these thick lines with visible gaps between them. For example, large extruder gear which I was trying to print, is really different in that regard from the one supplied in the kit. Is this a matter of Slic3r settings or something else?
IMG_8002.jpg

- The main problem I currently have is with extruder, which stops extruding after about 5mm printed. At first I figured out that it was the small gear that didn't have a bolt inside. Even though in the guide video Colin says it is optional, turned out after motor gets hotter, gear just slips. I've fixes this, but now I see there's another issue. After some time the large gear kinda tightens itself to the point that I can't even move it by hand (after disabling steppers of course), and I have to use pliers to loosen the front large bolt. But it then just goes and tightens itself again. Any advice, what can be done there?

- Also, I can't seem to understand how to change filament. I also have ABS which I wanted to try, but the last piece of PLA inside the hot end is not possible to extrude all the way.

- The hot end I have (hexagon) is somehow always takes too long to get to 225 degrees, and when it reaches 210 or so it starts going up and down for quite some time until it finally climbs to 225. Is it something with thermistor? I've made sure it is inserted all the way, but I din't cover it with kapton tape or anything.