Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Steve View Post
    Thanks
    So far I have only used Blender for boolean operations on .stl models and haven't explored all the other features and add ons
    Booleans create alot of issues down the track, especially when trying to get rid of holes. Avoid them if you can, instead of booleans in blender, use the following key combo

get your object, press tab go into Edit mode

press in the following order

K

Z

C

This will allow you do cut through your object like a knife which will create a vertice line you can cut manually and then deal with the edge loops yourself and not hope netfab will do a magic job (which it doesn't.. alot!)

Make your cut and press space bar to apply it, your dots will go red indicating you made the cut.

If you want a free cut, just press K and Z and omit C so you don't have the angle constraint.

Feel free to message me, I'd prefer to let this thread die as the OP hasn't logged on since he posted it 8 days ago, obviously wasn't very important to him but I don't mind helping you out with Blender, has a small learning curve but the best for modelling freely without the mess of autodesk and other cad programs. Does metrics very very well so you can model to precise scale.
    Last edited by Geoff; 07-28-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12