Close

Technician

1st Print! and second and third.

Here is a video of the first print on my printer. The first 10x10x10mm cube. It came out ok, definitely need some tuning but not bad for a DIY printer. Check out my blog for details.

Great Job, really good job.

You happen to have auto leveling on this delta?

Technician
    No auto leveling implemented, I manually leveled and tweaked it this far, still a long way to go to find the sweet spot on this printer. I will not implement auto leveling until I replace the last of the plastic parts on this printer, basically the carriage and slide bearing holders are left in printed plastic, I am planing on building aluminum versions of both to replace the plastic ones. I want to have a heated build chamber on this thing, and having pla parts in a chamber that is 60c is not exactly my idea of fun.

As for autoleveling itself, I am thinking of using the hot end itself as a probe. I will need to scavenge some springs and design a new carriage, I do not like the servo probe solution. I will also need a new heated bed for this thing as the one I am using is far too small to heat the glass evenly, I may try to design a nicrome version myself, or have a large 350mm bed built for me. They are quoting roughly 117usd for a custom 180w heated bed, although I have not tried to put in an aluminum heat spreader on the bed, I suspect it will increase my heat up times to 80c from 5-6minutes to probably something around 15minutes. Time will tell, for now I want to tune this to print some parts I need to complete the design.

Technician
    here is another print session after some small tweaking of both the printer as well as the slicer configuration.

http://youtu.be/TZTu-qkQUGA