Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    @JeffRand I feel for you, but starting from where you are now (and after all, that's where you are!) your best bet is to buy the Bowden fitting elsewhere and stop trying to get Cobblebot to behave in a reasonable manner.

BTW I can think of only one reason why they haven't released the firmware, and that's because they don't yet have a working non-prototype printer – i.e. even they can't build a working printer out of the bits they've sent you all. That would also explain why there is no evidence, at all – not a single photo or video – of a production cobblebot. It would also explain the lack of full build instructions. Note that this is my opinion – you are free to form your own.

The Attorney General of Texas was very interested in what they are doing. They did say they wouldn't do anything for one person. However, if a bunch of backers got together, they said they would be happy to look at a class action lawsuit against them for their shady practices.

Might be something to consider.

Blackstar

Quote Originally Posted by JeffRand View Post

I really feel like I was deceived on so many levels. I wonder if that was the plan all along? This whole fiasco reminds me of bait and switch fraud. I'm so frustrated right now, I could scream. This has been a very costly lesson for me. I hope sharing my experience saves someone else from making this same mistake.
    +1000
    Right there with you. I feel it is a bait and switch on the kickstarter pledge. I even paid the extra $225 to get the assembled printer and they still sent me the kit. I sunk around $800 into this POS printer and still did not get what I was promised, and didn't get my $225 back. They said that I was because being mean to them (I asked when they would ship and if I should have my credit card reverse the charges ) and that did not want my business. Fine but give me my money back. Don't send me a KIT when I paid for an assembled unit. I really think it is cause they don't have a fully working printer or the software to run it. From what I see, they have no clue as to how to run a business unless it is trying to sue / scare their customers. Heck they don't even have a full set of instructions on how the build the stupid thing. I got burned, but I have learned one thing, stay away from any company who is run by ex lawyers. As the old saying goes " There is no honor among thieves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    The Attorney General of Texas was very interested in what they are doing. They did say they wouldn't do anything for one person. However, if a bunch of backers got together, they said they would be happy to look at a class action lawsuit against them for their shady practices.

Might be something to consider.

Blackstar
    Where can I sign in as "interested" ?

I want :
    1) The wheels that have been promised (they say on a video "extreme high quality part"), with proper bearing and/or washer - Those are not high quality at all... in fact, notthing is high quality.
    2) My Arduino DOA (I had to use my own!)
    3) LCD Plate that fit.
    4) Maybe better stepper... mine seems weak as hell, can't ever move the printer correctly (my spare stepper from the delta is working right) - But this part might be my fault, i'll try with the Smootieboard later.
    5) An actual design that work. There's no way this one could work right !

Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    Where can I sign in as "interested" ?

I want :
    1) The wheels that have been promised (they say on a video "extreme high quality part"), with proper bearing and/or washer - Those are not high quality at all... in fact, notthing is high quality.
    2) My Arduino DOA (I had to use my own!)
    3) LCD Plate that fit.
    4) Maybe better stepper... mine seems weak as hell, can't ever move the printer correctly (my spare stepper from the delta is working right) - But this part might be my fault, i'll try with the Smootieboard later.
    5) An actual design that work. There's no way this one could work right !
    I'll get the details and post it here.
    -Blackstar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    I'll get the details and post it here.
    -Blackstar
    I'm in as well, if the design had a chance to live up to what they promised, there wouldn't be a the need for this. As it stands, I'm not even convinced that I'll receive it, so I'm waiting, and once I receive my parts, I'm betting it will cost a couple hundred extra to fix the design.

It's not just that... I would have been frustrated (a lot), but would have turned the page and fixed the things myself, but they are threating customer with law and acting very badly IMO. I think they deserve there "own sauce" for not delivering what they promissed.

Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    It's not just that... I would have been frustrated (a lot), but would have turned the page and fixed the things myself, but they are threating customer with law and acting very badly IMO. I think they deserve there "own sauce" for not delivering what they promissed.
    Well, this is what I was told. First of all, everyone who is unhappy with either their product they have received, (or not not yet received), needs to file a complaint at the following links:

Federal Trade Comission - Web Complaint Form : https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1
    Texas State Attorney General - Web Complaint Form: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...umer-complaint

From there, the AG will determine what they are going to do.

We also have an option to contact an attorney in Texas to see if they will do some sort of a class action lawsuit against CobbleBot. I am still researching this option myself, but obviously, the more people who get in on something like this, the more enticing something like this becomes for an attorney.

There is also the option to file a complaint with the internet fraud agency at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

- Blackstar

Blackstar thanks for the posts.

Thanks Blackstar for the info I will be looking in to it this weekend. I also purchased all recommended upgrades and the astro print which is still in the box. I am a January backer and still have not received my final invoice. Which according to Cobblebot all invoice were supposed to be finished today

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast