Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Even 4.6 meters sounds like a huge amount for something that small???
    FYI, I can't test it yet because I have a 7 hour print running in Cura but I deleted my old Pronterface and downloaded the newest version dated March 2014. I launched it and it reports 467mm of filament for a 19 minute print. That seems about right. I'll test it later but I'm hopeful that this solves it and that the old version became corrupt somehow.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Well, I'm having some trouble getting Pronterface reinstalled. I've downloaded and followed all the instructions here: http://replicatorwarehouse.com/pronterface/ and rebooted. Uninstalled and rebooted three more times, each time with a fresh copy. In-between I used CC Cleaner to remove stray files. I run a pretty clean machine so I don't think it's a conflict.

When I launch Pronterface and import an .stl I get the following message:

ERROR] Failed to execute slicing software:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "printrun\pronterface.pyc", line 1577, in skein_func
    File "subprocess.pyc", line 711, in __init__
    File "subprocess.pyc", line 948, in _execute_child
    WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution for it?
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Have you loaded the Python software?

OME

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Have you loaded the Python software?

OME
    Both PronterFace and Slicer need a suitable Python interpreter installed. I wouldn't have thought doing the uninstall of Pronterface would have taken the Python environment out along with it???

Right now I'm searching my system for subproces.pyc to see where that is located. (If it is part of Python or part of Pronterface) ....

Directory of C:\Program Files\Cygwin\lib\python2.7

10/02/2013 10:38 PM 41,249 subprocess.pyc
    1 File(s) 41,249 bytes

It is part of Python.... You need to go install Python!!!!

UPDATE:

This is interesting... I wonder if you just have a $PATH variable screwed up. Because you do have that same file in Cura's environment also??? Oh well... Doing a clean install of Python will probably get things fixed up.

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.03\python\Lib

05/05/2014 01:06 PM 40,716 subprocess.pyc
    1 File(s) 40,716 bytes
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-20-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yes, Python is installed. I upgraded it from 2.6 to 2.7 and the install went well with no errors. I too searched for subprocess.pyc and found it in my Cura directories only. If I didn't have Cura installed I would not even have it on my system. That seemed kind of odd. I hadn't thought to check my Path statement. I'll do that.

As you know, Pronterface really isn't an install. It's just a folder and all the dependent files are supposed to be right there (well, except the Python files). So when I uninstalled Pronterface, I just deleted the existing directory, downloaded the newest version and plopped that directory on my drive.

This is an odd one. I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled both Python and Pronterface three times now and each reinstall has gone flawlessly. Maybe someone else who has had this issue will read it and has solved it.

I'm kind of stuck right now. I can use Cura. It's fine. I can use Slic3r too. I just can't use Pronterface. What I like most about Pronterface that no other slicer has is the nice 'Jog' controls. I really like them. I had also created custom buttons in Pronterface that extend and retract the probe. I also had buttons set up to do my G28 and G29 commands.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Do you have a spare machine? It might be helpful to just try to get PronterFace going on a totally different machine and see what happens?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Do you have a spare machine? It might be helpful to just try to get PronterFace going on a totally different machine and see what happens?
    Yes, should have thought of that. I have 7 other machines. Will give that a try.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    I'm kind of stuck right now. I can use Cura. It's fine. I can use Slic3r too. I just can't use Pronterface. What I like most about Pronterface that no other slicer has is the nice 'Jog' controls. I really like them. I had also created custom buttons in Pronterface that extend and retract the probe. I also had buttons set up to do my G28 and G29 commands.
    If you like the button of Pronterface, why don´t use the ones in Cura? You can chose in your preferences in Cura if you want to use basic settings or Pronterface UI. On top of that we have customized our Cura 14.03 and Cura 14.06 with additional Pronterface options...

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ciutateivissa View Post
    If you like the button of Pronterface, why don´t use the ones in Cura? You can chose in your preferences in Cura if you want to use basic settings or Pronterface UI. On top of that we have customized our Cura 14.03 and Cura 14.06 with additional Pronterface options...
    Thanks for that. I'll have another look at Cura 14. I was having a lot of issues with it and was sticking with Cura 13. I've uninstalled all slicers and Python and am reinstalling everything. I'll try Cura 14.xx again.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Good news is that I have Cura running and can print with it. The latest version is not causing me issues like the release before it. It's nice to have the Pronterface control interface but it's missing some of the best features of Pronterface like "motors off" and "custom buttons." I'm going to keep it in my back pocket but will continue to try to get Pronterface running properly.

Uninstalling and reinstalling "everything" slicer related did not solve my issue with Pronterface though. I have not tried a different machine. I must be a conflict so I really need to find it on this machine. Even if it worked on another machine, and I'm sure it would, I still need this machine to be able to run it. I'll report back with my efforts in case someone else ever gets this problem. I'll eventually solve it.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast