I have a few semi technical questions, regarding the design;

1. On printers using timing belts alike the GT2 belt, we sometimes have the issue of backlash. Using a rack and pinion approach to the X,Y axis must incur a lot of backlash, by the mechanical nature of the gears? - I also imagine the backlash is going to increase, as the gears wear?

2. How is rapid acceleration and deacceleration to be handled, without skipping teeth on the spur gear? (On the x,y axis) - I fear that printing operation speed will be quite limited by the acceleration limits, which follow from this design.

3. Moving the entire printing bed, which is undoubtedly a lot heavier than the hotend, will limit printing speed quite immensely? - On the 100mm/s video it seems like the printer overshoots quite a bit?

4. What is the printer displacement? - Possibly as a ratio, to the build volume, because the printing area seems super tiny, compares to the printer?

5. It seems like the axises are controlled via servos, rather than steppers, which kind of position feedback is used? - hall sensors? - Also why did you go with servos?

6. The two z-axis smooth rods, seems to be positioned very closely, why is this? - In terms of stability, wouldn't it make more sense to separate them?

7. I imagine the printer being very sensitive to vibrations, alike, as the bed is only held down by gravity. Have you done any research in terms of how much vibration the printer can handle before skipping steps and thereby ruining prints? - I would hope it's able to handle a kid bumping into the table, while printing?

8. Are the parts going to be consumer replaceable, alike with the reprap printers? - Also is the printer going to be extensible in terms of alternative heads? - Possibility of 2 hot ends, for say, PVA support?

I'm actually a little sceptical about the x,y drive. All attempts of the same thing, within the reprap community has failed, and your solutions does not seem to address the major inherent issues?