Close

Formlabs Form 1 vs. Pegasus Touch

Hello i busy with 3D printing about 6 mounth. I have Makerbot Replicator 2X but FDM technology is not good for small objects. I want to buy SLA 3d printer. Formlabs Form 1 vs. Pegasus Touch. Which is better?

From what I have seen, I would say the Form 1 has the edge over the Pegasus Touch. I haven't used either one yet, just have seen some prints that they have made.

Staff Engineer
    Nobody can tell you that, because nobody (except maybe someone in the Pegasus company) has actually got their hands on a Pegasus Touch yet. All you can do is pre-order one, and hope they ship it to you in July or whenever. The Form 1, on the other hand, is a real product that works, and has been shipping for about a year now. You decide...

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

I'm cross-posting this from the Pegasus Touch forum, just to be sure...

Is anyone out there actually using the Pegasus Touch? I've got one on order, and was wondering what others' experience has been? Thanks.

-Crawford

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    There's a huge amount of information on the Pegasus Google Group forum.

Once you get it working, the results can be very good. Their packaging isn't well designed however and people have experienced a lot of breakages/sli's during shipping.

Once it's arrived you'll want to comb over it, making sure all the screws and everything are tight and then try a test print. Chances are you'll have to re-level the build plate and calibrate it depending on results. Once it's all correct though (and assuming it's sitting at the correct temperature,) then you should be able to get some very nice, consistent results.

Thanks for the heads-up about the Pegasus Google Groups.

I've gotten my up and running, but have still run into a few problems with the resin vat. Details at http://www.tesseract-design.com/pega...d-printer.html

-Crawford

Engineer
    My boss had order the pegasus from july. They still had trouble with international shipping.

Now, what I can say about the .
    Unlike formlab, the FSL3d which design the pegasus is being backed up by Full Spectrum Laser.

I can tell you exactly how a Form1 will not work for you. The laser is garbage. The support team will then drag out your support ticket until you give up. I have an open ticket right now going on 3 months. Support will send an email once a day only. No phone number to call, and no chat support. Has anyone ever heard of a company that does business this way?