Close

Early Orders for Makerbot Mini are Shipping

Makerbot has announce that today the first shipments for the early orders of the MakerBot Mini have begun to go out. If you ordered one, you have to make sure to upgrade the firmware once you receive it. I'm hoping I get mine soon. Not sure if it is considered an early order or not though....

Here are further details regarding the shipments of the Makerbot Replicator mini today: http://3dprint.com/4044/makerbot-rep...mini-chipping/
    This printer is sold for a relatively affordable price of $1375.00

Engineer-in-Training
    I wonder if they'll have to dial down the price on that one. It is "relatively affordable" compared to its inflated bigger brethren.

Compared to some of the Kickstarter projects yes it's still pricey. Having said this, from my experience Makerbot make an extremely reliable, well made printer. If you want something that's proven and has a track record and multi billion dollar company behind it this is a great device if in your price range. Makerbot seems to be trying to develope awesome printers as well as an entire econsystems for them to thrive in. For instance Thingiverse and their upcoming mobile apps.

JRDM, I agree. Prices on the MINI are too high, especially when you consider the Micro3D and the MOD-t that are coming out later this year.

Engineer-in-Training
    I know a few people with Replicator 2, I don't think they're any less trouble than any other brand consumer or hobbyist 3D printer.

People seem to do just as well with Replicator knock-offs, which you can get one of those for the price of this thing.