Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good job!

That's a nice print for such a small object
    By the way, are you printing from Minecraft? Those cubes look familiar

Haha minecraft :P
    Nah its a calibiration/stress test object from Thingiverse ^^

Just printed another one in Slic3r, To see if its maybe due the Slicer program
    (previous one was Cura, i realy like it due well its just so easy and you can click at print right away instead of using Prontrface/getting it on a SD card :P)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjfzv5yi2g...029_225957.jpg

I think its also Cura thats making the problem, This one is now with Slic3r and looks alot better,

Negative point for Slic3r is just that its slower to print and slower to generate the Gcode, and Cura just looks very nice and user friendly :P

But seems for realy fittings Slic3r might be a better option ^^

Never tryed Kisslicer tho

Btw nice shop Black sheep ^^
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 10-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks DrLuigi

Well I told you once slic3r rocks
    You can also print .stl files directly, just link your pronterface with slic3r so there will be no need to export G-code with slic3r and then print it with pronterface.
    It's not perfect though, as you mentioned it is a bit slow. I remember it froze my mac a few times before I could make G-codes for my yoda bust ... but it was worth it on the end It seems it paid of for you as well

A bit of topic, in Slovene [Kura] means “stupid chick“ and I can't stop laughing every time I hear about this software :P
    Last edited by Black_sheep; 10-29-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_sheep View Post
    Thanks DrLuigi

Well I told you once slic3r rocks
    You can also print .stl files directly, just link your pronterface with slic3r so there will be no need to export G-code with slic3r and then print it with pronterface.
    It's not perfect though, as you mentioned it is a bit slow. I remember it froze my mac a few times before I could make G-codes for my yoda bust ... but it was worth it on the end It seems it paid of for you as well

A bit of topic, in Slovene [Kura] means “stupid chick“ and I can't stop laughing every time I hear about this software :P

Well this is going a bit off topic, but i just wanna say that Cura does also shave a few hours at most prints,

At some prints it was like 9 hours with Cura, and with Slicer its like 12-14 hours.

Also with Cura you can just also click at print and it just prints ^^ So easy.

Anyhow,

I also heard nice stuff about Kisslicer but never realy tryed it, Might try that aswell later on ^^

What a diffrence Slicers can't make don't they :P

Hmm so what does Cura do so much better than slic3r when print time is concerned?
    I would say that such drastic changes in print time can only be attributed to increased speed. Now I am really interested what Cura does to be so quick, I will try it tomorrow.
    I also have Kisslicer installed but I never used it a lot. I admit I didn't gave him a fair chance because I don't like it's graphics :P

Student
    I'm hooked on Slic3r too and to be honest, DrLuigi, your printing is so much better with Slic3r so why not stick with it? It doesn't make sense to use a program because you like it if it's not doing the job properly. There's not much point in finishing a job quicker if it isn't right. Your last print is really good though, a nice job, if you can't get another slicing prog to makeit as good as that then I really would stay with the one that works. Sorry,I don't mean to bring your favourite slicer down

Having read all the hype about Kisslicer I might try it myself and see if it's an upstage on Slic3r.

Did you solve this?

on my machine with preloaded firmware the accelleration was set to 500 mm/s which caused some ugly corners like yours, i set my

DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION to {1500,1500,5,1500}
    DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 1000
    DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 1000

and

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

this helped a lot, as the machine takes the corner at higher speed, i then get less ooze from the machine slowing down.

i changed my E axis, its alot better now.

I have 500mm/s also due else it somtimes causes skippings. (probably during travel)

Quote Originally Posted by Hårball View Post
    Did you solve this?

on my machine with preloaded firmware the accelleration was set to 500 mm/s which caused some ugly corners like yours, i set my

DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION to {1500,1500,5,1500}
    DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 1000
    DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 1000

and

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

this helped a lot, as the machine takes the corner at higher speed, i then get less ooze from the machine slowing down.
    Since i still got this problem with the corners i gonna try this now,
    I normaly lowered my acceleration and jerk by half (in my case it was 1000, changed it to 500)
    Since i had some skipping, this resolved it, i think.

Gonna try your solution now and see if the corners are any better, my print speed is in this case 50mm/s wich isnt that fast at all,

I still remember when i just had my printer my corners were alot better, aka before i changed acceleration, So ye it might be that!

Edit:

Meh still the same : https://www.dropbox.com/s/plsgjxpp9b...2022.33.19.jpg

No idea how to fix it after that..
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 12-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12