Close

Student

Flashforge Dual or Duplicator 4x for complete beginner in 3d printing.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and 3d printing.

i've been given a budget to buy either 1 Ultimaker 2 (single head) or 2 Flashforge/Duplicator 4x dual headed printers. Any issues I'm sure will be resolved via this forum should any of the printers have problems, but I was wondering what printer would be the best buy?

I was thinking that the Flashforge Dual and Duplicator 4x would have 4 heads or 2x dual heads should 1 screw up making downtime negligible but I also head the MK9 (i think) nozzles solve some issues as well as the weight of the actual printers. Duplicator is made from metal i think and is heavier than the Flashforge dual and also has full enclosure i belive to reduce warping. The Flashforge seems to have a better user base and I'm not sure about anything else but it sounds like this user group has all issues nailed down with resolutions.

I'd be buying the flashforge creator Dual for around £760 inc del from Imakr and the Duplicator 4x for around £850 from 1 of 4 websites I've seen.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys. Totally excited about being part of this crazy 3D printing world.

Welcome here. I am new here myself.
    I am exploring the world of 3d printing and very happy to be part of this community.

Student
    Hi Thanks for the welcome

Looking forward to seeing some of your prints Lindamarreno and any advice you can offer

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpiinx View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and 3d printing.

i've been given a budget to buy either 1 Ultimaker 2 (single head) or 2 Flashforge/Duplicator 4x dual headed printers. Any issues I'm sure will be resolved via this forum should any of the printers have problems, but I was wondering what printer would be the best buy?

I was thinking that the Flashforge Dual and Duplicator 4x would have 4 heads or 2x dual heads should 1 screw up making downtime negligible but I also head the MK9 (i think) nozzles solve some issues as well as the weight of the actual printers. Duplicator is made from metal i think and is heavier than the Flashforge dual and also has full enclosure i belive to reduce warping. The Flashforge seems to have a better user base and I'm not sure about anything else but it sounds like this user group has all issues nailed down with resolutions.

I'd be buying the flashforge creator Dual for around £760 inc del from Imakr and the Duplicator 4x for around £850 from 1 of 4 websites I've seen.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys. Totally excited about being part of this crazy 3D printing world.
    The Duplicator 4x does not have 4 nozzles, it is the 4th version of their machine, and as far as I am aware it sports 1 head, where as the Flashforge dual is 2 heads, and a great machine - I'd go with that one, but hey I'm bias.

The specifications are identical practically, so personally go for the dual flashforge, cheaper more bang for buck.

Student
    Hi Geoff and thanks for the advice. I just ordered 1 creator X an hour ago for tomorrow delivery. Spoke to a great guy called Tim and he called me and spent 15 minutes explaining the differences etc. Am totally excited now

I'll be buying 2 of these printers should orders pick up and possibly one of the newer resin based ones next year to learn that.

The Flashforge printers seem to have a larger community and so I'll be well supported should I need any advice I'm sure and if I can help anyone, all the better.

Thanks for the replies