Close

New Printrbot Plus connection woes

Hi everyone,
    I purchased and assembled a New Printrbot and haven't been able to get it to connect, move, print. It is run by a Raspberry Pi and a Printerboard rev D. When I turn on the power supply nothing lights up at all. If I run a usb to the micro port on the Pi it lights up and comes alive with an active power led, and occasional blinking act led, the wifi thumb installed also flashes. If I connect y-ed off wires from the voltage supply as directed led 2 lights up on the printerboard. I have installed the serial driver and ran as administrator. I am not getting any found new hardware prompt. When I attempt to connect to it through com3 using repetier .95 it says connected somehow, but will never act as though it is. It cannot be moved manually or heat the bed or extruder although the software makes it seem like it will.

I am at a loss and would love to get this thing up and running after all the work and money I put into it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Student
    wrenchinjunk,

a bit more information about the hardware setup und the software you intend to use would be helpfull. We need to know what you´re talking about...

For me personally it is quite difficult to support since I don´t use an Pi myself but out of your description it seems to me that the basic installation of the board failed or is not complete. I think the Pi is NOT recognized as a new hardware device or available in the divice mamagement of your PC because usually use the SD card is used to get an operating system on it.

What I would do is to follow the instructions on their website and just download an operating system to test the device: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

If you sure that the Pi is working, then I would try to get some software for the printer on it...

Does it even have firmware loaded? Do you have what it takes to 'Upgrade' the firmware, because if there isn't firmware in the controller board, you will need to get some loaded before you can do anything.

Thanks for the replies guys. I do believe it to be a firmware issue. It is supposed to come with firmware installed on the control board but It is looking like I will have to reflash it. I did find out that I can connect to the Pi through the Octoprint software already installed on it. That is where things dead end again. As soon as I get it reflashed and up and running I will post an update.
    this is my first printer so I am in the accelerated learning program trying to navigate these problems.

I decided to cut the Raspberry Pi out of the equation and connect my Laptop directly to the print board. This solved my connection problem but I am still trying to get it calibrated to print.