Close

Technician

Does 3D Printing ever get boring?

I've been running my 3D printing for several months now, and so far, I have been printing something every evening before bed. It seems like this is a hobby that I never get bored of. It's the first that I can say that about.

Can anyone here agree with me on this? Is it impossible to get bored of 3D printing? Does it always remain as exciting as it is in your first months use, or do you eventually get kinda tired of it? I check thingiverse every day for new stuff to make, and I am never ever let down. There is always something I want to print out for myself or my wife, or my kids.

Must say that I've been doing this now for several months as well, and I have slowed down a little bit, in the past month, but I am far from being bored of 3D printing.

Technologist
    I've just started this past month, so wouldn't say I get bored of the creating / printing, but I do get frustrated when I know what I want, but don't know how to model it! I end up spending an entire day trying to figure it out. I do get bored trying to learn the software, by which I mean reading the textbooks.

I have been at it for about 3 years now and I just can't get enough of 3dprinting. I have spent hundred of hours on it and it is the best thing ever. How needs a playstation when you have a 3dprinter?