hello. i was all excited to try the new mirror plate, it leveled pretty darn well as far as i can tell, using the paper method. so i started printing and things got worse and worse, turns out i had a clog. remove the nozzle and tube leading down into the nozzle, type clog. i cleared that up and leveled, then started printing. works pretty well now. BUT the last print i tried printing before the clog got worse and worse had shark gills like layer! i cleared the clog and no strings, seems like everything is sticking well to the mirror with hairspray on it, except when it come time to print the solid bottom layer, i got what looks like shark fins. the nozzle would lay down a few diagonal rows pretty well, then it looked like as soon as the filament made contact with the mirror, it arched upwards like the wake of a boat in water. i've attached pics.

i'm using cura 3.1 and
layer height 0.1mm
initial layer height of 0.2mm
line width of 0.4mm
shell wall thickness 0.8mm
top/bottom thickness of 0.6mm
Top/Bottom pattern - Lines
Bottom Pattern Initial Layer - Lines

my print speed for everything is 50mm/s

bed temp: 65deg (this is pretty dead on +/- 1 degree according to printer display and temp gun)
filament temp: 200deg (not sure if this is on or not, but all other prints (8 or so of them of varying sizes) up to this point printed OK even the little benchy boat which used 200/60deg)

i did try 62deg on the bed with no difference.

i'm pretty lost as to what it could be and what it would take to fix. the only thing i can come up with is that as the printer moves in the X Y axis it's not moving far enough in X and the nozzle kicks up the filament it is extruding? but - observing it, it simply looks like as soon as the filament hits the mirror, it is repelled up in an arch form. i checked just about all of the bolts and made sure they were tight - i did not tighten any. so maybe it's something in my settings for this particular print. or maybe it's over/under extruding (to me that means it's pushing too much filament into the nozzle?).

also, in 4 other attempts to print a similar model, it printed this layer very very well, the diagonal lines were perfect and uniform, stuck together very well. the only difference there was those prints failed in other areas - i think because of the clog getting worse and worse.

thanks!

20180207_173116.jpg20180207_173140.jpg