Hello, I plan to buy a large volume 3D printer to use at home. Brand has not been determined yet but most likely Raise3D N2+, Afinia H800+ (Up Box+) or Ultimaker 3 Extended. The problem is that the ventilation system in my bedroom is not good. I can only slide a small window in my condo and the air could blow the particles to other areas of my apartment rather than blowing them out. I could put it in the bathroom and have the fan on. However, due to the size of the printer, I cannot keep the door closed. I am also not sure if the ventilation fan in the bathroom is effective enough to take out those harmful particles.

I heard that even when printing using PLA, some kind of toxic particles are generated which could cause cancer. Has any user done anything to filter out those toxic particles? Any filtration system that I could put next to the printer to absorb those harmful particles? Pictures showing the setup would be nice.

How effective is the filter system within the Afinia H800+ printer?

I talked to a reseller of Raise3D. He suggested making a hole at the back of the printer and install a fan in it. Then, connect the hole to the window using flexible aluminum pipe. Not sure if that would affect the print quality or void the warranty.